Santa Cruz set for Man City exit

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 2K
I honestly believe Mancini actually negotiates, and doesnt do stupid ****.

Yes im sure he does. But im sure he still has to pay a lot more than most other clubs would, as they know he is willing to. Were you not a fan of Hughes or something? :)

He had a great couple of seasons at Blackburn then wasted his career going to Man City. At the time it was probably a good deal for him, but City just spent, spent, spent and he soon realised it was a big mistake.

shame because at Blackburn he really was a good player. Hopefully he finds a club where he could play regularly and bang in the goals once again.

Any one else surprised hes been linked with Fulham? LOL

Yes im sure he does. But im sure he still has to pay a lot more than most other clubs would, as they know he is willing to. Were you not a fan of Hughes or something? :)
Hughes was decent, bought a lot of good players, such as tevez, nigel and kompany, but i dont think he is cut out for a club with our ambitions

Any one else surprised hes been linked with Fulham? LOL

Not really considering Hughes has signed him twice and had huge success with him at Blackburn. I hope this does happen because we need someone who can hold up the ball, I like to think that one of them will remain fit while the other is injured. Hope this goes through to be honest because Kamara and Elm aren't exactly quality. Hopefully Johnson can make an impact now he's returned. I reckon this transfer can go through because he'd be a useful asset when fit.

Not really considering Hughes has signed him twice and had huge success with him at Blackburn. I hope this does happen because we need someone who can hold up the ball, I like to think that one of them will remain fit while the other is injured. Hope this goes through to be honest because Kamara and Elm aren't exactly quality. Hopefully Johnson can make an impact now he's returned. I reckon this transfer can go through because he'd be a useful asset when fit.

Wasn't having a go mate was just saying it was obvious he was gonna be linked with him. Just like any other player hes ever signed who is available. Like as soon as he took over Fulham he was linked with Bellamy, Santa Cruz etc etc..

cant he do a craig bellamy and make the jump to the championship and join middlesbrough on a loan

Wasn't having a go mate was just saying it was obvious he was gonna be linked with him. Just like any other player hes ever signed who is available. Like as soon as he took over Fulham he was linked with Bellamy, Santa Cruz etc etc..

Never said you were, just outlining why :)

To be honest, I hope Hughes goes and get Bentley off Spurs as well because he also flourished under Hughes during his time at Blackburn. Was gutted when Bellamy went to Cardiff but I'm not sure whether we were ever in for him.

He was a great prospect when he was young and he did score his first goal for Paraguay when he was only 19, but he is far too injury-prone and he was unlucky to have joined Manchester City and then see Hughes leaving, I would rather have him at Fulham, he would fit in nicely and be a great assest to the club

There are two things which ruin player's careers.

Injuries and Man City.

Both in Santa Cruz's case

You simply cant blame City on this. He was never fit to be even considered for match day squads. Its best for him and City to offload him. He was excellent at Blackburn, should have stayed there itself. Blackburn got excellent deal, he was sold for 18-20M isn't it.? I think Hughes will for him. He tends to buy players with whom he has worked previously and brought the best out of them like Cruz and Bellamy.

He should really not go to a big club. He has a bigger chance of playing first team football in a club like Fulham. I think he's a very good player, but he did not have that many chances.

They will probably sell him for 8.5 Million.

Moving to fulham would be the best move imaginable, a decent team that he would be centre of attention again. I'd like him at Sunderland, but he's be like our 17th striker.

Hope fulham snap him up. With dembele, zamora (when both fit) and santa cruz they have a tasty attack

Fulham would be a good move for Santa Cruz. He would get first team games often and with Zamora and Dembele,Fulham would have a good selection of strikers to play

He'll want Spain, he's always said that's where he wants to play. Valencia maybe? Even if they are skint.

Back