Santiago Munez Taking On the Champions League Challenge

KaiRooney

Reaction score
View attachment 299524

WELCOME

Hello and Welcome to my attempt at the Champions League Challenge.

The Aim of this Challenge is to WIN the Champions League with all the 22 Previous Winners of the Trophy.

The List of Previous Winners

Real Madrid
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Man Utd
Chelsea
Juventus
AC Milan
Inter Milan
Borussia Dortmund
Porto
Liverpool
Hamburg
Benfica
Ajax
PSV
Olympique Marseille
Celtic
Feyenoord
Aston Villa
Red Star Belgrade
Steaua Bucharest
Nottingham Forest

Deciding On Who Start With

After thinking for a few hours, I narrowed it down to three clubs to kick this thing off with :-

Manchester United
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich

Finally I went with

View attachment 299527

My Reasons to Start with Man United are

1) They are My Favorite Team
2) Havn't Managed them in FM 13 so far
3) RvP wont be the Same a Season or two later (Because of Injuries)

I Hope You will Follow My adventure in trying the Impossible

Special Thanks to Klippybo and Stonecold for Making this Challenge

Last edited:
I never noticed you starting up - please let me know when you leave Man Utd so I can start to follow:p

Good luck

Manager Profile

After a Hugely Successful Career at Newcastle United and Real Madrid, Santiago Munez begins his Managerial Career at the Most Prestigious Job in English Football at Manchester United after Legendary Manager Sir Alex Ferguson decided to Retire after the Heartbreaking loss to Bitter Rivals Manchester City in the Last few moments of the Season.

View attachment 299908

Pre-Season

After Joining the Club, the First Thing I did was Change more than Half of the Staff Team at the Club.

Here is the Screenshot

View attachment 299941

Transfers

I was Given a Budget of 30m and wage bugdet of 110k to Work with.
There were Loads and Loads of Players Purchased and Sold.

Transfers In Transfers Out

NameFromFeeNameToFee
Maroune FellainiEverton5m + P/EAndersonEverton5m + P/E
Marek HamsikNapoli19mTom CleverleyTottenham20m
Gareth BaleTottenham27mAshley YoungArsenal 25m
Steven JoveticFiorentina15.5mDanny WelbeckChelsea19m
David AlabaBayern Munich16mDarren FletcherBayern Munich16m
Hatem Ben ArfaNewcastle United12.5mBebeNottingham Forest1m
Wellingtton NemFluminense3.5mScott WottonHibernian800k
SandroTottenham15.5mRobbie BradyLeichester City1.2m

Total114m
Total88m

Also Loaned out a Few Youngsters with their Wages being Paid in Full by the Respective Clubs.

All the Players that Came in Were Basically Upgrades to the Ones that Left, So very Pleased with the transfer dealings.
Started the Window Selling Ashley Young and Getting in Gareth Bale and Got the Fellaini transfer done quickly before City got Interested, then Put in a Bid for Wellington Nem and was Very Surprised to See around 15 of the Top European Clubs interested in him.
After Bale left Tottenham, Sandro was not Happy and after a Few days was Transfer Listed for 15.5m.
Also Put in a Bid for Ben Arfa as I was a Winger Short,
Then Started Unsettling Hamsik and Jovetic and with Interest high in Both of them from City, Tottenham and Arsenal in Case of Hamsik and Chelsea, Tottenham in Case of Jovetic, Both were Transfer Listed... (Mission Accomplished)
Also on the Last Day of the Window, I realized that I was a Quality Left Back Short, So went out and Got Alaba In but the Problem was that I didnt have the Money to Confirm the Deal So had to get rid of Fletcher who Coincidentally went to Bayern for the Same Fee. LOL

Last edited:
not bad signings but maybe too many but hope they work for u..i only signed 3 Hummels,Baines and fellaini

Tactics

Set-Up the Three Tactics to be Used for the Season on the First Day

Attacking/Shorter Passing

View attachment 299970

Counter/Direct Passing

View attachment 299971

Defensive Tactic for Champions League Away's

View attachment 299972

Pre-Season Friendlies

After the Tactics were Set, the Pre Season Friendlies began.
All the Friendlies Resulted in Comfortable Wins which was Pleasing but the Only Negative was that Robin van Persie didnt Score in any of the Friendlies.

View attachment 299973

Like this idea and i will follow.. Good luck!!

AUGUST

Began the Season away to Southamptonan and then had to Play Reading at Home.

Southampton 2 - 2 Man Utd
Lambert , Cork
RvP , Rooney

My First Official League Game in Charge and We witness a Very Crazy Game at St. Mary's, Lambert gives Southampton the Lead in the 56th Min after which RvP equalises for us in the 68th. Jack Cork scores his first goal for Southampton and Rooney equalises in the 90th Min to save me from a Debut Loss. We incredibly Hit the Woodwork three times in the Match.

View attachment 300038

Man Utd 8 - 1 Reading
Bale (4), Rooney (2), Ben Arfa , Vidic
Pobrebnyak

After the Poor Showing in the First Game, this Win was really Necessary and My Boys Delivered Incredibly. Gareth Bale was Outstanding, MOTM

not bad signings but maybe too many but hope they work for u..i only signed 3 Hummels,Baines and fellaini
Got a very tough champions League group, really unlucky for me, new players working fine so far, so hopefully things r looking like it will work....Update in an hour or so...

Good start and great work in the transfer market. You've got the squad to win the Champions League 1st season. Hope you do it

Well where do i start now, have all the updates written only thing is left is to post them but accidentally while removing my old dortmund save deleted this from the FM Drop down menu......................any ways i can get that back now???

Had one of the toughest groups in the UCL consisting of Borussia Dortmund Benfica and Udinese but surprisingly won it easily with 15 points....really want this back.....R there any ways to get it back now???????
Please Help ME