SaoPaolo90

Reaction score
Using the famous Devasto as my inspiration, I've created a tactic that seeks to overload the opposing team with passes and create lots of chances through simply keeping hold of the ball.

Here's how it lines up:
View attachment 202585

And these are the team instructions/shouts you'll need:

View attachment 202586 View attachment 202587

I used it in my first season with Liverpool with a very limited transfer budget and managed to finish second, winning the FA Cup and Carling Cup to boot. I was given the role of Great Britain under 23s and stormed to win the competition, with Danny Welbeck scoring 13 goals across the tournament for my team.

Some of my Liverpool results:

View attachment 202588View attachment 202588View attachment 202589View attachment 202590View attachment 202591View attachment 202592View attachment 202593

And these are my Great Britain results:
View attachment 202594View attachment 202595View attachment 202596View attachment 202597View attachment 202598

Now after having completed my second season with Liverpool, I've managed this:
View attachment 203623

This is a very high-scoring tactic, but you need the right team blend to make this one work, as it can be quite tricky. You'll need a strong defence that hassles the other team with a high line, and you'll need to make sure that your defenders have very strong tackling, as well as strength, anticipation and determination, as otherwise you'll leave yourself very open at the back.

In case you find yourself being dominated in the midfield by other teams, you also need to make sure you prepare the 4-1-2-1-2 and the 4-2-3-1 version of the tactic that sacrifices some of the nifty passing for a greater solidity in midfield. This is advisable when playing against opponents who are clearly stronger than your own team.

View attachment 202670

View attachment 203629

This tactic works best when you have a strong and dynamic striker up front, such as Leandro Damiao or Wayne Rooney, next to a player in the Suarez mould. This got unbelievable results out of a Rooney/Welbeck partnership, for example, just as long as one of them is set to poacher, and that the other one plays as a trequartista to serve as an intermediary between the midfield and attack.

Also, this is a tactic which requires a little patience. It took my players a few games to start getting results, but they got into it and got me a second-placed finish and two cup competitions, so I know it does work. Just be patient, and tinker with it a bit if you need, but if you approach this right, you'll end up with a successful tactic that'll serve you very well.

Good luck!

Last edited:
The tactic when dl has two CM. but the screenshots show a BWM and CM? which should be changed ? and you've got tiago as the BWM surely thats not right?

The tactic when dl has two CM. but the screenshots show a BWM and CM? which should be changed ? and you've got tiago as the BWM surely thats not right?

I'd recommend that you use the BWM for a defensive midfielder - I've found it doesn't matter whether you use them on the right or left side of the midfield. Depending on your players' stats you might find yourself better served by setting them to DM instead, but if you let me know what team you are I should be able to advise.

Also I have Thiago there for no particular reason, and wouldn't use him as the BWM. My team is just set out like that to show you what the line up is.

Are all the other position instructions the same?

Yeah seem to be i'm try it out as i play out the end of the season with my serie C1 team.

Great tactic mate, regularly scores 3-4 goals a game and concede's little..

Glad to hear you've had such success with it. I just won the league with Liverpool in my second season by quite some distance, so I'm feeling pretty happy with it myself!

How decent are you alternative Sao? i had great success with the 442, but am looking for an alternate to my own tactic i now play so thought i'd try one of the others, what are pros/cons of the diamond against the 451.

I used almost the same tactics with newcastle, in defence i bought samba as limited defender and in midfield i played with a bwm like you did and an advanced playmaker suport. At home i won almost every game but away from home i conceded to many goals. I would say 424 is the perfect home tactic.