Sasa Papac struck down with pneumonia

pistolped7

Reaction score
RANGERS ace Sasa Papac has been struck down with pneumonia.

The defender travelled to Bosnia to end five years in international exile for a friendly against Greece last night.

But he was ruled out of that game after coming down with the lung illness.

Papac revealed: "I arrived in Sarajevo with an inflammation of everything! I feel terrible. I hope to be ready to play in our next qualifiers."

Bosnia boss Sasha Susic said: "Sasa was sent for a medical and was diagnosed with pneumonia."

Papac looks set to add to Gers' defensive woes ahead of Saturday's game in Inverness, with Madjid Bougherra off to Qatar and Steven Whittaker suffering from a broken toe.

And striker Nikica Jelavic has revealed he is set to go for a knee scan.

Jelavic picked up a knock in the weekend friendly against Chelsea and pulled out of Croatia's game with the Republic of Ireland last night.

He said: "I am hoping it is no big deal."

-----

Sasa Papac KO’d with pneumonia | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish Sport|SPL

Horrific news, given all he has gone through already. Get well soon :wub:

Get well soon Sasa, one of the few Rangers players I respect.

Rumours on twitter that Rangers are asking for there game to be postponed due to lack of fit players. \o/

Last edited:
"Bosnia boss Sasha Susic" It's Safet Susic not Sasha :/

Club have announced that he doesn't have it to calm peoples fears

"Bosnia boss Sasha Susic" It's Safet Susic not Sasha :/

Oh well. Big deal. I'd have thought the bigger picture would have been the serious condition that Papac has contracted, but obviously not.

Oh well. Big deal. I'd have thought the bigger picture would have been the serious condition that Papac has contracted, but obviously not.
I know mate,don't be mad it means that I read your OP carefully :p and we are little bit sensitive when you write wrong a name of Bosnian football legend.Peace

I know mate,don't be mad it means that I read your OP carefully :p and we are little bit sensitive when you write wrong a name of Bosnian football legend.Peace

I never is-spelled it, it was the Sun newspaper! I only copied and pasted. :p