Reaction score
I was up most of the night playing the game then i realised that i hadnt saved it. So i clicked save game and its coming up "save game failed"... its asking me to save it into a new file but im not sure where to save it into. Anyone else have this problem? would appreciate it if you could help. thanks

What do you mean? Save into your saves folder... :S

I have had this before, firstly, wrong section :p secondly, it has saved, did the status bar pretty much get to the end? It has been saved! try and resave it somewhere else just in case, but it did this to me (Fm10) and I quit, loaded up the last game and it was perfect...

That seems to be the problem.. i cant find a save folder...and it wont let me make one.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

I have had this before, firstly, wrong section :p secondly, it has saved, did the status bar pretty much get to the end? It has been saved! try and resave it somewhere else just in case, but it did this to me (Fm10) and I quit, loaded up the last game and it was perfect...

the status bar didnt even come up...

hmmmm... very strange, as I recall that happening to me at least twice in Fm10, nearly cried as I thought I could not save my game! why not try and continuing for like 2 or 3 days in the game and try again?

There obviously isnt a file where i can save these games onto!.. would anyone on here know how to? ive tried just opening a file called "saved games etc" then directing it into that file but its still not letting me...
i clicked the default path....but its telling me it wont take effect until after the game is restarted...and if i restart the game i lose everything! nightmare...lol

I have just had the same thing.

Just started second season with Swansea, everything fine. Now this.

EDIT: I just saved it somewhere else and it worked!

That seems to be the problem.. i cant find a save folder...and it wont let me make one.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

the status bar didnt even come up...

Go in your My Documents-Sports Interactive-Football Manager 2011
Then make a folder called games.
Then when on the save game screen, at the top were it says what directory to save it at choose it to be the folder you just made.

Mate, this has happened to me before. Free some disk space and you'll be just fine. :)

When I click save game it says 'Save Game Failed' I began a new game and tried saving and it said same thing.