sry81uk

Reaction score
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Segoe UI, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]A week ago one of my saved games stopped loading it was still visible to FM15 but when it tried to load it failed with a message

As this wasn't a save i was to worried about i deleted it and started a new one only for the same thing to happen again today.

I have validated the game files through steam and tried copying the save to my external drive and copying it back again all with no joy.

I have played CM/FM for years and have never had any issues so this has me totally baffled.

Any help would be massively appreciated as i have now lost 2 saved games and don't want to invest blood sweat and tears into another season before being sure it wont get gobbled again.
[/FONT]

A week ago one of my saved games stopped loading it was still visible to FM15 but when it tried to load it failed with a message

As this wasn't a save i was to worried about i deleted it and started a new one only for the same thing to happen again today.

I have validated the game files through steam and tried copying the save to my external drive and copying it back again all with no joy.

I have played CM/FM for years and have never had any issues so this has me totally baffled.

Any help would be massively appreciated as i have now lost 2 saved games and don't want to invest blood sweat and tears into another season before being sure it wont get gobbled again.

Are you closing down FM properly? By that I mean quitting the game and exiting to Windows? Also, shutting down your PC while FM is still running can cause a saved game to be lost. It happened to me a number of times before I found out what was causing it. Now, after I close FM, I wait about 30 seconds before shutting down my laptop.

bad thing to admit but the only thing i do have a habit of doing is if a key game hasnt gone my way i do ctl alt delete out of the game and close fm15 down via task manager but i have done that for years with no issue. other than that i open and close correctly

bad thing to admit but the only thing i do have a habit of doing is if a key game hasnt gone my way i do ctl alt delete out of the game and close fm15 down via task manager but i have done that for years with no issue. other than that i open and close correctly

Well there's your answer! It doesn't happen every time as my laptop crashed on me the other day and fortunately my save game was still ok. But in the past, when I have seen other people posting on here the same issue with corrupted save games, this was the cause.

to avoid any save shenanigans, i always create a backup save.

i dont think that is my answer as i have done that for years with no issue untill now. 2 saved games have been gobbled in a short space of time.

I don't think closing the game unruly has anything to do with it; mind you, it isn't really healthy for the application so stay away from doing it as much as possible.

I have experienced this once on Football Manager 2015. The only way I've found to stay away from such annoyances is to delete the cache every so often. READ THIS article on how to delete the cache and make sure you do it every now and then (I always follow VERSION 2 of this article).

good idea Mike. I have already tried deleting the cash but that was after the game failed to load.

good idea Mike. I have already tried deleting the cash but that was after the game failed to load.

i've had the same last evening.
combination of a steam and windows update.
done these two then there where no problems

just to conclude this thread. I found that waiting 30 seconds after closing has stoped it happening again so this was most likley due to me being in a rush and forcing my laptop to turn off by holding down the power button before the game had completed its background save. Painful lesson!!!!!!