Saved game cannot be loaded?

Binboy92

Reaction score
Hey I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, but it would not let me post in the Fixes and Guides forum, saying I need to be an administrator or something, but I have a severe problem with the game which I desperatly need sorting so I thought this was the only other forum it could fall under.

So I was unable to play FM09 since December (Days after I got it) because of an XML Parsing error, which I didnt know how to sort. But i decided to try it again a couple of weeks ago because, with the new season, i wanted to play on it while I had time. The XML Parsing error came up again but a clicked cancel on it and it still allowed me to play! However as I had problems with the game in the past I was wary for the first few days-week. But then the XML parsing error, which appeared everytime I loaded it but was still able to play on it, stopped appearing I thought I was in the clear. Last night I was playing as usual, and ok it was being very slow, but no more than usual and at the end of the day I saved it then tried to close it down but it wouldnt (Again nothing new- that happens frequently.) But I woke up today and went to start playing it. clicked on the icon and it said that Steam was already being used by a different user so could not load (Which it wasnt) but kept trying and after about 20 minutes-half an hour it came up and lauched FM. It went to the Main Menu screen and the "Load Last Game" icon could not be clicked and said no game available. So I clicked on load game and the title of my saved game was still there so I clicked load and a box came up saying "The save game cannot be loaded"

I've tried everything- reboot FM, reboot my computer, shut down computer and load it up again- and it kept appearing. I am gutted.

So if this has happened to anyone else or has any suggestions on how I can sort this out it would be mighty appriciated as I am really gutted and am at a loss at what to do.

Thanks, but I don't know whether thats the problem- the XML Parsing errors no longer appear, it just says it wont load- unless it still is a XML problem, just without the box? I, personally, not think it is the case anymore and it is not a different error but i may be wrong.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Have just tried again and it STILL doesnt work! I don't want to start a new game as I had just built several quality teams. So if there is anyone out there with a possible solution or explaination as to why it is happening I would be so grateful :)

it is because you are turning off your PC by the power button, not clicking start, then shutdown. it corrupts the files

it is because you are turning off your PC by the power button, not clicking start, then shutdown. it corrupts the files

That is a point- is there anyway of un-corrupting the files? Yes would be the preferable answer.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:23 PM ----------

Is there any way of un-corrupting them?

when u load it up on fm if its corrupt it will say save game couldnt be loaded

How to fix the Steam is already running problem

Hey I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, but it would not let me post in the Fixes and Guides forum, saying I need to be an administrator or something, but I have a severe problem with the game which I desperatly need sorting so I thought this was the only other forum it could fall under.

So I was unable to play FM09 since December (Days after I got it) because of an XML Parsing error, which I didnt know how to sort. But i decided to try it again a couple of weeks ago because, with the new season, i wanted to play on it while I had time. The XML Parsing error came up again but a clicked cancel on it and it still allowed me to play! However as I had problems with the game in the past I was wary for the first few days-week. But then the XML parsing error, which appeared everytime I loaded it but was still able to play on it, stopped appearing I thought I was in the clear. Last night I was playing as usual, and ok it was being very slow, but no more than usual and at the end of the day I saved it then tried to close it down but it wouldnt (Again nothing new- that happens frequently.) But I woke up today and went to start playing it. clicked on the icon and it said that Steam was already being used by a different user so could not load (Which it wasnt) but kept trying and after about 20 minutes-half an hour it came up and lauched FM. It went to the Main Menu screen and the "Load Last Game" icon could not be clicked and said no game available. So I clicked on load game and the title of my saved game was still there so I clicked load and a box came up saying "The save game cannot be loaded"

I've tried everything- reboot FM, reboot my computer, shut down computer and load it up again- and it kept appearing. I am gutted.

So if this has happened to anyone else or has any suggestions on how I can sort this out it would be mighty appriciated as I am really gutted and am at a loss at what to do.

If you mean it said 'Steam Is Already Running' then you have to go on Windows Task Manager and go on Processes, find Steam.exe and end that.

maybe you deleted the file.

I always use the back up saving. January i save as lalalfc.fm, the next month i save as lalalfcbackup.fm ( In case something goes wrong i can at least recover one copy)