Saving Scottish Football 2021

Run in Season 2034/35

Match 35
Hearts 1-2 Dundee Utd
Match 35.png

We put the dagger into Hearts title challenge with a strong 2-1 win. Hearts turned up to try break us getting more yellow cards than i can remember seeing the opposition get and once they finally got a red our second goal soon followed and the 3 points were safe.

Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
Liverpool 2-3 Dundee Utd
CL 1.png

One of our most incredible timed comebacks. 2-0 Down at halftime i felt like we had finally come unstuck against a team. The first attacking changes had a great effect with Esteban getting the massive away goal which would have been enough to keep me happy. Little did i know Varela who's hardly played in months would come off the bench to amazingly equalise. All self-control was lost when Yousif banged home the winning goal on the night to give us a 3rd away goal and a one-goal lead heading into the home leg. Man City won the other Semi FInal 3-0 while a mixed bag for the Conference teams with Hearts winning 4-0 and Hibs lost away to Spurs.

Match 36
Dundee Utd 5-2 Aberdeen
Match 36.png

Yet another thrashing of my old team. Hearts do us a massive favour holding Hibs to a draw so the gap is up to 3!

Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
Dundee Utd 4-1 Liverpool
Dundee win 7-3 on Agg
CL 2.png

Dundee Utd comes from nowhere to reach the champions league final, about 5 seasons ahead of plan. We did so by dominating the home leg against English powerhouses Liverpool. We took the lead that didn't really change the tie but Liverpool got back in it before halftime. There was nothing in it till the last 20 minutes when we scored 3 more goals including Yousif scoring an amazing hattrick on our way to the final.

36 year old Mbappe helped PSG win the game but Man City won the tie and reach their second ever final and their first in 12 years.
CL semis.png

Hearts will also be in a European final. Hibs fall just short after a good effort.
Confrence semi.png

Match 37
Dundee Utd 3-0 Hibs
Match 37.png

Three days after getting to our first Champions League Final we have a title decider against 2nd place and last rivals standing Hibs. They were no chance and we tore them to shreds from the word go and the title was retained with ease.

Match 38
Celtic 2-3 Dundee Utd
Match 38.png

We kept a strong side out with a 2-week window before the big final.​

Champions League Final 2035
77455817.jpg

Dundee United 2-5 Man City
CL.png

We've been waiting 7 matches for a team to beat us down and here it was in the final. We actually made a game of it for the first 70 minutes twice coming from behind to tie the game. Man City then had one of those runs where everything they touched turned to goals and the 5-2 win flattered them. Quality-wise we had absolutely no business being here but was still a great experience for the squad and it will put their values through the roof for a potential summer clear out.​

Season 14 Review

Celtic sacked.png
Aberdeem sacked.png

4th & 5th is not good enough for Aberdeen and Celtic as both sack their managers. The question is do i go for either of the jobs. Dundee Utd is a few seasons away from being sorted long term but Aberdeen is in need of help.

Dundee Utd Squad
Squad 1.png
Squad 2.png
Squad 3.png

I shared the keeper responsibilities with O'Shea & Glisic. I have a no2 joining in the summer on a free so hopefully, I'll get a bid on one of these join starters.
The defence finally settled into a regular starting 4. RIght back will see one of Allen, Calcarcel sold with Rodionov now ready for first-team action. Bahia & Meglio are my top CBs but Alhassan is a 5* potential and will keep getting the bulk of games. I've already sold Left-back Ignat to Liverpool and bought his replacement from Chelsea to go with backup Piedra & youngster Witham
The midfield was a bit more changeable. Niall McArdle took the role on the right after selling Carlos in January but like Fernandez, he flashed potential rather than looking solid so neither are safe. LEft winger Greenidge was one of our best players but only has 12 months left on his deal so time to cash in on him. The middle saw Stacey & Ramos are the starters. Hong looks great and will challenge them going forward. Varela is only a backup but scored one of the most important goals in our history, but it could be his last depending on how the summer goes.
Up top Esteban & Yousif became one of Europe's top strikeforce. Hard to imagine either of them staying here after the season they had and the volume of strikers coming through in the next two summers. Vobianchi was a perfect backup while Caceres was criminally underused with the u18s getting more time.

My Player of the Season
Emil Yousif
player of the yaer.png

Amazingly i had agreed to sell the Swede to China for only £14m. Incredible considering his goals won us the league and played the biggest part in reaching the champions league final.

Final SPL Table
FInsla SPL.png

We retained the league title after a season-long fight with Hibs & Hearts. Celtic and Aberdeen will look to do better with their new managers, The Dons lost 15 games this season. Dundee did great to get into the top 6 and with our increased ranking in Europe, they guaranteed a European spot. Rangers had by far the worst old firm season so far. Match 18 was the only day there were in the top 6 all season. The only side that did worse were Falkirk with 2 wins and a distant bottom spot.

Play-Off
Ross County 4-0 Partick
Play offs.png

Ross County had no problem keeping their spot in the top flight. Kilmarnock made an instant return to the SPL.

Europe
Europe.png

It was a season of lost finals for Scottish teams as Spurs came from a goal down to win the Conference League with a 90th-minute winner.

Club Rankings
Euro rankings.png

Scotlands greatest ever season see us right on the tail of Italy and we have a great chance to overtake them next season and maybe even France as well.

Dundee Utd Season 15
Pre Season 2035/36

Season Targets
SPL - Winners
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Europe after Christmas

Small change to our domestic policy. If we can reach the Champions League final we should be beating all domestic rivals. I'm still only looking for football after Christmas for Europe as we got a lucky run to the final last year and with sales, we are not as strong at the moment.

SPL Pre Season Prices
odds.png

A champions league final is worth less than a Europa conference final according to the bookies. Aberdeen & Rangers are the long shots to challenge for the title while Kilmarnock may be down already

New Managers
Aberdeen manager.png
Celtic manager.png

Aberdeen and Celtic both hire new managers. I prefer Celtic's choice of a man who did a solid job at Lille compared to Aberdeen hiring first-time manager Van Dijk. On the other hand, Harry Maguire has done wonders for Hearts.

Dundee Utd Transfers
Dundee Transfers 1st.png
Dundee Transfers.png

Pavel Bednar - MC
IN MC P Bednar .png

My most expensive signing since i was at Aberdeen but by far the best. He looks better than some midfielders that were moving for over £40m this summer so I'm very excited to see what he can do in the SPL.

Jake Francis - DL
In DL J Francis.png

A free signing to replace the best player i sold this summer. Francis will make me an absolute packet one day when the English teams come calling

Javier Cuello - ML
In ML Cuello.png

Long term replacement for Greenage i hope. MIght keep an eye out for a more ready prospect. Same with the Right-wing.

Stuart Kearney - GK
IN GK kerney back up.png

Back up keeper. That's all

11 Youngsters signed and 3 promoted to the u18s. We take full advantage of our great season.

Out
Dragos Ignat was a generational left-back but we had players coming through the pipeline and an England international at Chelsea willing to join us on a free so i got Liverpool to put the deal back to this summer so a great result for us. Sean O'Shea had been my no1 from day 1 at Dundee Utd but with competition from Glisc i was just waiting for a big bid for either of them and O'Shea was the man. WIll go wonders for Celtic. Villareal bought both my backup strikers Caceres & Cobianchi. Di Meglio was the victim of an overloaded CB room as was Valcarcel at DR. He was the most sellable asset with Welsman Allen becoming homegrown too. Both our starting wingers from the champions league final Greenidge & McArdle were sold for £10m. I may reinvest this before the end of August as our depth is good but it's our weakest spot in the first 11. Varela had a minimum fee i missed out on but as the 4th choice MC he was expendable. Novo, Reynold, Sanches & Lauder-Smith all fell short of being a starter so there moved on most at a loss. Ronaldo Goulart was only 3rd or 4th in my u18s so I'll gamble that Hibs are not getting a superstar. I don't usually sell questionable players to SPL rivals but there was no way i was getting £10m from anywhere else.​

August

Fixtures
FIx.png

We make a stunning start to the season by thrashing title favourites Hibs 3-0 before going on to beat Kilmarnock and Motherwell in the League & Cup

SPL Table
SPL.png

We are the only perfect team in the league 3 games in. Tougher ties await.

Champions League Draw
CL Draw.png

A tough group with Tottenham & PSV the 3rd & 4th seeds.

SPL Transfer Window
SPL Tranfers.png
SPL Tranfers 2.png

First page all over £10m. The SPL is massive.

Dundee Utd Transfers
Two youngsters join. One is starting already the other is destined for the u18s.

Alcir - ML
Alcir ML.png

I was defiantly looking to upgrade one of the wings and it was a Brazilian winger who is ready to play on any level from day 1.

A Astrup - GK
U18 keeper.png

The Danish keeper will be hoping to live up to the standards of the Schmeichel family​

September

Fixtures
FIx.png

We beat Rangers 5-0 at Ibrox to remind them of their dire state. Wins followed against Ross County and against Hamilton in league & cup. The one letdown was losing top spot in the league to Hearts after we lost at home to Hearts.

SPL Table
SPL.png

There is a little bit of breathing room for the top 2. Aberdeen and Rangers again make terrible starts. What's their problem!

Champions League
Cl group.png

We start out strong thrashing PSV. Hertha saw of Tottenham convincingly which is worrying for our next 4 games in the group.

October

Fixtures
FIx.png

Straightforward wins against St Mirren and Aberdeen, who I'm really starting to worry about. We then played our worst game in years losing to Dundee when we had the chance to go top. It looked like we were getting a chance to go top again after beating Celtic but Hearts came from behind to beat St Mirren.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Hibs have the best month of us all to join the race for the title. Celtic fallback while Aberdeen & Rangers are still not in the top 6.

Champions League
CL.png

We win both our games especially pleasing was holding on against Hertha with 10 men in Germany.

November

Fixtures
FIx.png

The very quick month where the first team played more in the Champions League than in Scotland. Reserves beat Partick in the League cup and half the first team was rested for the Kille win. When we did put out our best 11 they lost to 10 man Hibs. Big game bottlers this season. Shame we have a final in two weeks

SPL Table
SPL.png

Hibs win pulled them level with us for 2nd while unbeaten Hearts stay at the top. Celtic are only 2 points ahead of Ross County and need a big December to get back into the title race. Rangers should be looking for a new manager again rather soon.

Champions League
CL.png

We won the big game with Hertha that secured the top spot in the group despite more than a half of football with 10 men. The kids and backups almost got out of Eindhoven with a win until a late red card for Wook opened the door for PSG to finish the late comeback. Hanlon on his first-ever appearance for the first team became the youngest champions league scorer at 16 years 214 days​

December

Rangers sack.png

Rangers are in the hunt for a new manager as they dropped into the bottom 2. You love to see it. St Mirren also has a new manager. Former youth superstar John McGinn retired from football to take over his boyhood club.

League Cup Final
Hearts 0-4 Dundee Utd
final.png

The first trophy of the season arrives at Tannadice for the last time. Hearts put up a little fight so hopefully they're on the verge of a midseason collapse that will help us win the League too.

Fixtures
Fix.png

Your normal December turn of form has a couple of strange road bumps. Dundee has suddenly decided they want to be our bogie team and this was after Hamilton beat us 2-1 in one of the worst performances i can remember one of my teams having. On the other hand, after thrashing HEarts in the League cup final, we do a bigger number on them in the league as well as a big win over Rangers.

SPL Table
SPL.png

What a thrilling second half of the season we're in for here. 3 points between the top 3. We can thrash Hearts all of a sudden but Hibs are a totally different kettle of fish.

Champions League Group
CL group.png

Both sides play backups. Ours cared a little bit more it seems. 0 wins for an English team. That has to be a first?

Last 16 Draw
Inter vs Dundee Utd
cl dRAW.png

A repeat of last seasons Quarter Finals where we won 3-2​

January

Fixtures
FIx.png

We return from the winter break firing on all cylinders. Putting 8 past Berwick and 4 past the bottom of the table St Mirren wasn't too shocking. But dispatching Celtic & Hibs 6-1 was. Hibs have had our number recently so to destroy them over with several injuries after the Celtic game was exhilarating.

SPL Table
SPL.png

I didnt think it could be much closer than last month but here we are. We go top with a far better goal difference to Hibs with Hearts a whole point behind. Celtic are out of it just ahead of the story of the season Ross County. At the other end, St Mirren who was in pole position to be my next side is having major relegation issues.

Dundee Utd Transfers
DUndee transfers.png

The policy at this late stage in Dundee Utd's program is only to sign first team players that are better than my current starting 11 or youths. Youths win 4-1

In
Roberto Escudero - MR
In escudero.png

Nothing wrong with Fernandez on the right-wing but Escudero is better in almost every way. Already scored a hattrick off the bench against Celtic he fills the only spot i felt bad about prior to the window.

4 youths all from Spain all on min fees
youth 1.png
youth 2.png
youth 3.png
youth 4.png

Out
Several backups are on the way out but two main strikers are out. Emil Yousif or Esteban had to go in the summer but no offers came for Europes best strikeforce. January was going quiet too till Dortmund stumped up £19m to take Yousif to the promised land. I can only assume they will sell him for £80m in two years time. His replacement only lasted 8 days as Adam Flint was promoted from the youth team and instantly got an irresistible offer to go to Southampton. Well it was irresistible to me who accepted a possible £21m for a player with minimal 1st team games and only 4*s

SPL Transfer Windows
SPL transers.png

What a window for the SPL. We made the top two sales but after that, all but 1 transfer is a player moving to the SPL which for the first time feels like a big league. Hibs signing Jamal Musiala from Bayern will definitely sting me. I went for him in the summer as my first choice MC but refused to pay his sky-high wages.

February

Fixtures
FIx.png

5 wins in the league and 1 in the cup. Only Rangers put a goal past us. The flip side of this is that it was mostly bottom half teams except HEarts obviously. Tougher challenges await

SPL Table
SPL.png

For the first time in years, Hearts have a real wobble and are suddenly 9 points off the top, 6 if they win their game in hand. Hibs are the main danger still.

Champions League Last 16 1st Leg
Inter 1-1 Dundee Utd
CL.png

We overcame a man and goal disadvantage to get out of Italy with the away goal advantage

March

Fixtures
FIx.png

We are on a 13 game winning run in the SPL so you would think that would be League over. We needed to shots at Celtic but we beat them in back to back games at Parkhead to set up a Semi Final with Scotlands 2 best teams this season.

SPL Table
SPL.png

We played up to the split where the top 3 have already secured their top 3 places. In what order we'll finish is anyone's guess. Hearts have to win all 5 games basically. Our game with Hibs could finish them off or make it wide open. Celtic will finish in 4th. Aberdeen should overtake the story of the season Ross County for 5th. Rangers will be bottom half for the second season in a row and the relegation spots are all up for grabs too.

Champions League Last 16 2nd leg
Dundee Utd 0-1 Inter
Inter win 2-1 on Agg
CL.png
-

The curse of the last 16 strikes again. I have absolutely no idea how we lost this with a man advantage for most of the game Inter seemed to play their best with this adapting back to their Cattinacchio roots to end this sides dream of winning the biggest club trophy. I say that as the side will get blown up for next season so i can bring in as much money as possible to Dundee Utd and a new young side will lead us into battle at the Jim McLean stadium in 2036. while i will be job hunting.​

SPL Split

It looks like they have ruled out Hearts already. If we continue the trend of pumping them then it will be over in the first game.
League preview.png

Scottish Cup Semi-Final
Hibs 1-3 Dundee Utd
Cup Semi.png

The treble dream goes on as we beat Hibs in a very even game of football

Match 34
Dundee Utd 1-1 Hearts
Match 34.png

We led from the 33rd minute and as we got towards the end i was thinking how often have we ever won 1-0. Well today was not to be one of them as Hearts scored a 93rd-minute penalty to maybe keep them in the title race. Celtic do us a huge favour and beat Hibs so we pull a further point clear for now.

Match 35
Aberdeen 0-0 Dundee Utd
Match 35.png

Just as it looks like we're blowing this i get to full time to see Hearts beat Hibs so despite only drawing our two games we are 6 points clear with 3 to play.

Match 36
Dundee Utd 3-1 Ross County
Match 36.png

We finally get the win that in the end secures the title thanks to Hibs drawing this time with Aberdeen.

Match 37
Celtic 4-3 Dundee Utd
Match 37.png

Backups did us proud but ultimately couldn't get the win.

1000th game in the save here.
1000th game, match 38.png

Match 38
Hibs 1-2 Dundee Utd
Match 38.png

Hibs utter collapse from being on our tail is complete as they drop to 3rd behind Hearts after defeat to my weakest 11 of the season.

Scottish Cup Final
Dundee Utd 6-0 Rangers
CUp final.png

Amazingly after winning my 10th league title, this is only my 2nd treble. The first one wasn't capped of with such a convincing win.​

Season 15 Review

Managers
Managers.png

The Celtic job comes up again. One year too early for me to rebuild.

Dundee Utd Squad
Squad 1.png
Squad 2.png
Squad 3.png

Glisic was my no1 and he did a top job. Kearney did what he had to as the backup but one of these will probably be sold to make room for my youth keeper.
Gwion Allen survives another season but next year i'll be all in on Rodinovs potential unless i get a stupid offer for the Ukrainian. Jake Francis did what it said on the tin. Quality operator. Bahia again was class at CB will be sad to see him sold. Alhassan is running out of time to hit his potential with Aragon at least equal to him now and Cardoso outperformed the lot of them.
Fernandez did well but he's going to be usurped by the brilliant Escudero. I don't get Bednar & Ramos's low ratings. They were brilliant to the extent i no longer need Neville Stacey who was by far the best player in the team when i signed him 3 summers ago. Alcir has not been. Big waste of money for what should have been the final touch to my CL team and I'm considering giving Rodgers the start next season.
Joao Batista proved I'm an idiot for leaving him on the bench or u19s last season. 53 goals are up there with Esteban numbers while the great man had a few injury issues this season that held him back to score less than half his previous worst goals total for a season and was probably outplayed by his backup Palacios.

My Player of the Season
Joao Batista
Player of the year.png

The Brazilian did brilliant to break into the first team last season and i was obliged to make him a starter a few weeks into the season with Yousef injured and Batista did so well that i sold my last player of the year mid-season with his place taken.

Final SPL Table
SPL table.png

Our forwards were the difference as we in the end stutter to another league title. HIbs had been 2nd best for most of the business end of the season but had an awful run after the break and fall back to 3rd behind city rivals Hearts in the Champions League. Celtic had the Europa League spot in the back for basically the last 10 games finishing up in no man's land while Aberdeen showed signs of life to get up to 5th and Ross County winning the hearts of the nation by being the smallest side to reach the top 6 since themselves in 2027/28. Rangers never looked like a top 6 team till after the split. Will they be better next year. Dundee unfortunate to finish up 8th while the bottom 4 were cast adrift in skill and points. St Mirren being lucky to survive thanks to John McGinn. Motherwell go back down.

Play-Off
St Mirren 7-2 Raith
SPL playoff.png

No Danger of John McGinn taking his team down. Only Falkirk coming up next season.

Europe
Celtic again was the stars of Scotland winning the Europa Conference League for a second time joining Leeds as the only 2 time winners.
Hibs got as far as the Europa League last 32 losings to Reims sadly
Hearts stumbled out of their Europa League group
Aberdeen reached the Conference last 16 loosing to Celtic
Dundee fell out of the Europa Group stage.

Club Rankings
Euro coefficant.png

We've done it and gone beyond what i could imagine could be done in 15 seasons. Scotland is now ahead of France & Italy and Scotland are now the 4th ranked league in Europe. Wont be easy to stay here but just making it is a massive achievement, biggest of the save.

Euro places.png

Dundee Utd Season 16
Pre Season 2036/37

New Stadium
NEw stadium.png

We upgrade from Tannadice with a stadium double capacity. I'll forever be grateful to the United board for giving us the stadium after years of requesting Hibs to do so.

Season Targets
SPL - Winners
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Europe after Christmas

Same aim for what i hope is my last season at Dundee Utd. We had a big clear out to bring through my best group of U18s ever, anywhere.

SPL Pre Season Prices
Season Preview.png

Tie with Hibs from the bookies. I agree with this with our clear out but Hearts and Celtic under Thierry Henry will offer a threat.

Dundee Utd Transfers
Oh boy. Over £120m in profit, the finances are in great shape thanks to this summer but every replacement is coming through from the u18s

Out
Dundee Utd transfer.png

Dundee Utd transfer 2.png

So here we go. The first man out is my star CB Victor Bahia to Man Utd. They were only £500k from his min fee and if i wanted my best centre back to go anywhere it was to Old Trafford. Next up is a long term star Neville Stacey for £20m to premiership new boys Huddersfield. WIng back Jake Francis ended his year in Dundee by handing us a £30m profit in 12 months. Lille handed us £40m for our no1 and the best youth prospect. Might have got more from PSG but like Bahia, i got to choose his next club. Two right-wingers were the last players out the door. Fernandez was relegated to no2 and Clarke to no3 so £27m for people that i didn't need to feature is great.​

August

Fixtures
Fix.png

Our new-look side makes a storming start even if we have only played one top 6 sides in Hearts I'm far more optimistic about the season after this start.

SPL Table
SPL.png

All of the big 5, get at least 2 wins. Rangers are now officially out of that ranking after 2 years in the bottom half. Falkirk may have made a big mistake in getting promoted.

Champions League Draw
CL.png

Porto and Dortmund are dangerous sides to come up against but i think we'll get through this group.

SPL Transfer Window
SPL Tranfers 1.png
SPL Tranfers 2.png

A mass exodus of players from the SPL with ourselves firmly leading the way. Hibs sign a player from Barcelona, Aberdeen a player from Juventus and Hearts sign a Nedved.

Dundee Utd Transfers
DUndee Utd OUT.png

Three more leave. Piedra was going to stay for one more season but he requested a move and with two brilliant prospects behind him i was happy to get paid. Savrase is one of many MRs in the U19s and there is plenty from the youth intake the means i flip the youngster for double the money after one year.​

September

Fixtures
FIx.png

All was going well. Dundee's hex on us was over. We beat an improved Aberdeen team and the backups seen off Ross County in the League cup. Our Perfect domestic start came to an end at Easter Road against the title favourites and new league leaders. A close game but as with the Galatasaray game, we didn't look like grabbing a goal.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Hibs are the last undefeated team after knocking down to be level with Hearts. Aberdeen Celtic & St Mirren all make good starts. Rangers tied bottom.

Champions League
CL.png

What the **** was this! We lose our easiest group game with our strongest side. This doesn't look good.