Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
When i create my own tactic and save it, and when i go to use it again say on another save its not there, does anyone know why? or am i being thick? :(

Reaction score
Im clicking import but its not in my archived tactics, I got other tactics saved when I first started that are there but I can't save anymore. How do I delete other archived tactics?

Reaction score
When you click save, it has the title and then description which is team instructions, then saved publish to steam workshop, public, friends only or hidden

Reaction score
When i create my own tactic and save it, and when i go to use it again say on another save its not there, does anyone know why? or am i being thick? :(
When you create a tactic, it saves as a fmf file. Only tac files show up in the archived folders. So, with each save, you have to go to the tactic screen, click the drop down and select manage tactics. Then click import and find the file in your tactic folder and select it, then go back to the tactic screen of the game. It still won't be in your archived folder. It will show up in the same drop down you went to, to go to manage tactics. That is where you will select your tactic.

Now, to convert it to a tac file and have it start appearing in the archived folder, and not having to import it every time, go back to the drop down, click manager tactics, and in the little box, your fmf file that you just imported will be listed there. Select it and then hit Save. It will them prompt you to save the file in your tactic folder. That file will be a tac file once you save it and it will be in your archived folder from thereon out.

Reaction score
When you create a tactic, it saves as a fmf file. Only tac files show up in the archived folders. So, with each save, you have to go to the tactic screen, click the drop down and select manage tactics. Then click import and find the file in your tactic folder and select it, then go back to the tactic screen of the game. It still won't be in your archived folder. It will show up in the same drop down you went to, to go to manage tactics. That is where you will select your tactic.

Now, to convert it to a tac file and have it start appearing in the archived folder, and not having to import it every time, go back to the drop down, click manager tactics, and in the little box, your fmf file that you just imported will be listed there. Select it and then hit Save. It will them prompt you to save the file in your tactic folder. That file will be a tac file once you save it and it will be in your archived folder from thereon out.

Thanks for that, it worked! But then when I go on archived tactics and click it, it says 'the file could not be imported' :(