SC 442 ASYM.CTRL - 50W 6D 4L - 154GS/33GA - Aboubakar 52G / Marega 33G / Corona 36AST

pauloyoshi

Reaction score
SC 442 DragonForce ASYM.CTRL - 50W 6D 4L - 154GS/33GA - 85G of fwds

My final tactic for FM2018, is surely the best I've developed for FM. Following the SC series (Sérgio Conceição tactics) I've managed to get the winning concept of SC 442 in Nantes and FCP. This 442 surprised me on the defensive side. I've tested it in more then 10 first season saves, and the team always managed to keep a reduced number of goals against.

This final save with FC Porto, is the one where I've settled all best players roles and best team instructions I found to be the best choices for a good defense, a smashing attack, an amusing gameplay and an excellent team work.
Team work is the key for this tactic success. All the player roles were selected as the best ones for this tactic. You can tweak it but it will not be the same.

The only difference for the real SC 442 is the wingbacks. I found that for FM, IWB provided a better defensive/midfield support, but you can change them to CWB Support if you want. Why asymetric? It was the only way I found to provide the correct diagonals between players to provide lines for passes. Same way on attack where the combination CF/ATT with F9/SUPP played better with the WM/ATT on both side. When attacking this formation quickly becames a 424 attack monster, making the opponent to make mistakes or penalties trying to stop us.

For this save I've used a transfer update for 2017/2018, no CA/PA changed. So it's a less strong team. Ricardo went to Leicester, Dalot to Manchester United, Reyes to Sevilla and Marcano to Roma, and the replacements were not so effective. So the team surprised me more, because the defensive side was less strong. As you will see two of the four season games we lost were on the finals of Champions League and National League. We lost both by 1-0. It was frustating but season was already long and the squad could not provide enough coverage for some key players injuries. But for me, dominating a full season, even in Champions League with a squad that needs some key reinforcements, is excellent.

View attachment 40444View attachment 40437View attachment 40436View attachment 40435View attachment 40402View attachment 40401View attachment 40400View attachment 40399View attachment 40398View attachment 40397View attachment 40396View attachment 40395View attachment 40394View attachment 40393View attachment 40392View attachment 40391

Here it is the final version of

442 DRAGON FORCE

DOWNLOAD THE TACTIC HERE

442 DRAGONFORCE tweaks by Augustin1979

Here are the Home and Away versions of the amazing tweaks made by Augustin1979. Read here for tweak description and here for results.

442 HOME 442 AWAY

NO OI'S at all, don't leave them to the assistant manager. On the other side, I always leaved training to the assistant manager. Just took over of individual training of some players like the MR/ML positions

CONTROL MENTALITY AND NORMAL DEFENSIVE LINE
You can say it seems not to be the best choices on FM2018, but believe me that the combination of mentality, tactic positions and roles and defensive line choices, will provide a balanced attacking tactic that will help you against stronger teams on Champions League. I don't know how it performs on underground teams, but I think it will perform good also, since some of this tactic concepts become from the magical giant killer SC Trident 4123 Underdog.

THE PLAYER POSITIONS/ROLES/PAIRS

GK Sweeper Keeper (Defend)
A general good keeper will make a good job here.
Iker Casillas (37 years old on a descending stats curve - Don't take it personal Iker... :) played 60 games with 35 clean sheets and 33 goals against on whole season. Also he won the World Goalkeeper Award of the year 2017!!!!
View attachment 40439View attachment 40440View attachment 40438

DR Inverted Wing-Back (Support)
You could use an regular right defender here. If you train him for the role it will perform better after a while. This player will make a good partnership with the MR, as the same time as he helps central defenders and provides support on closing the midfield.
View attachment 40430View attachment 40429View attachment 40428View attachment 40427

DCR Ball Playing Defender (Stopper)
The last barrier in front of the keeper, the BPD will try to fast recover the ball and provide support for starting the team offensive manouvers.

DCL Ball Playing Defender (Stopper)
The last barrier in front of the keeper, the BPD will try to fast recover the ball and provide support for starting the team offensive manouvers.
View attachment 40426View attachment 40425View attachment 40424View attachment 40423
View attachment 40422View attachment 40421

DL Inverted Wing-Back (Support)
You could use an regular left defender here. If you train him for the role it will perform better after a while. This player will make a good partnership with the ML, as the same time as he helps central defenders and provides support on closing the midfield.
View attachment 40420View attachment 40419

DMCR Ball Winning Midfielder (Defend)
This player will form an amazing partnership with the APM. He's the man with the job to recover balls on midfield and launch the APM or WM's on attack. He can turn an offensive move of the opponent team into a deadly counter attack.
View attachment 40418View attachment 40417

MR Wide Midfielder (Attack)
This is the position where you'll need always to train players. Train AMR for MR as Inverted Winger or Winger. You'll see it will be rewarding. This player will be a magic assistant providing good passes and crosses for the forwards, as the same time as they help on midfield side and score a good average of goals for season.
View attachment 40416View attachment 40415

MCL Advanced Playmaker (Support)
As he forms a pair with the DMCR, he also needs to have good tackling/marking attributes for an amazing performance recovering balls. Remember, if he's an all rounder midfielder with medium defensive/attacking skills he will perform better then a master of passing without defensive attributes. This player will also provide good passes for the 4 attacking players (MR/ML/F9/CF), while he controls the time and keeps ball possession before making the right move.
View attachment 40414View attachment 40413View attachment 40412View attachment 40411

ML
Wide Midfielder (Attack)
This is another position where you'll need always to train players. Train AML for ML as Inverted Winger or Winger. You'll see it will be rewarding. This player will be a magic assistant providing good passes and crosses for the forwards, as the same time as they help on midfield side and score a good average of goals for season.
View attachment 40410View attachment 40409View attachment 40408View attachment 40407

STCR False Nine (Support)
The False Nine will be the monster with lamb skin. He will do everything, from providing support on offensive construction, assists, key passes and goals, lots of goals. A good player here will make the difference. Train players for this role so they will perform good.
View attachment 40406View attachment 40405

STCL Complete Forward (Attack)

Another monster on attack as the same time as he will make good passes and crosses for other players to score. The CF and the F9 will destroy a defense most of the times.

View attachment 40404View attachment 40403

Other players of the squad
View attachment 40390

My advice is not to change any roles. Believe me, I've tested almost all combinations on the other saves.
Test you players, train them for the roles or positions. If you find they are not good enough then sell them and get cheap players that will perform better. If you have the money, buy the best ones you can find.
Determination is an essential attribute, and good physicals stats will help to keep playing them for a full season. Be prepared to make a bit of rotating, while mantaining a good first eleven, so that players could keep high physical status.

If you got a player sent off, take out the MCL/Advanced Playmaker position, you will be able to keep a good game player and even score. Don't take out any forward. Just take the CF if you're on bad day and got two players sent off.

HOTFIX - Midfield corrections tested on Wolves:

I developed this tactic at FC Porto wich is one the dominant teams in portuguese league, so it performed better on defensive side. Premier League is by far an harder task, and even if Wolves position in the table was good enough for a newly promoted team, I noticed that it was only happening because of the forwards and wingers good form. We were suffering too much goals due to failed passes on the defensive midfield zone in front of central defenders.
So I corrected the role of the DM from BWM to DM/DEF to take off short passing, since it was the cause of mistaken passes. Now that player will try to recover the ball and instead of short passing it to a defender or CM he will make More Risky Passes with More Direct Passing, so the ball will go far from our nets and probably will fall on CM, Wingers of Forwards.
On CM Advanced Playmaker changed passes to mixed. Since both players (Ruben Neves and João Moutinho) have top notch passing attributes this improved defensive side a lot. I started using the hotfix on Leicester match.

Here it is the final version of 442 DragonForce:
View attachment 1176098

Last edited:
OIs and training ?

Ah sorry, forgot them. NO OI'S at all, don't leave them to the assistant manager. On the other side, I always leaved training to the assistant manager. Just took over of individual training of some players like the MR/ML positions

Thanks for the share it seems very interesting.
Gonna test it with my underdog team in france.

What's the recommended foot for the Wingers? Really stoked to see fellow portuguese players releasing their tactic, excited to see how this will go with my Betis save

What's the recommended foot for the Wingers? Really stoked to see fellow portuguese players releasing their tactic, excited to see how this will go with my Betis save

Ty mate.

Corona, as right winger with preferred right foot made 36 assists and 18 goals in 59 games.
Brahimi, as left winger with preferred right foot made just 14 assists and 19 goals in 55 games.
Just in a first glance it seems to me that same foot on same side provides better results, since Brahimi is much better player.
Corona had a better passing conclusion and much more key passes

The few time I've used Brahimi on right side he performed better, so we can take that conclusion.

Some of the TI in the picture are missing in the tactic? is this a mistake?

Last edited:
Some of the TI in the picture are missing in the tactic? is this a mistake?

Ty for noticing that, I've so many versions on my folder, that I've uploaded a wrong one. Sorry. I've updated the tactic.

download link

Ty for noticing that, I've so many versions on my folder, that I've uploaded a wrong one. Sorry. I've updated the tactic.[/QUOTE

did you already post the download link with right version?

Download link isn't working for me, just directs me to a black page

Link in opening post is working and updated!