glambert

Reaction score
Well looking for a new challenge I decided to take over sc Heerenveen in Holland.

Here is the tactic I used throughout the season, it's a 4-4-2 pass and move counter attacking formation that worked quite well with the players I signed. From the 34 games in the season, plus the european playoffs, my team scored 76 goals and conceded 46.

Top performing players in first season;

Christian Benitez - 9 assists, 22 goals, 33 games
- 8 Man of Match
- 7.46 average rating

Pavel Niakhaichyk - 14 assists, 6 goals, 37 games
- 5 Man of Match
- 7.26 average rating

Transfers in;
- Pavel Niakhaichyk from BATE, £1.2M
- Christian Benitez from Santos Laguna, £2M
- Celso Borges from Fredrikstad, £950K
- Denis from Celta, £55K
- Itumeleng Khune from Kaizer Chiefs, £230K
- Juan Carlos from Real Madrid, Ln Fee £45K
- Bakary Soumare from USBCO, £2.3M
January;
- Sani Emmanuel from My People, £18K
- Taufic Guarch from Estudiantes Tecos, £1.5M

Transfers out;
- Luciano Narsingh to Man City, £2.5M
- Igor Djuric to FC Utrecht, £600K
- Arnold Kruiswijk to FK Austria Wien, Ln Fee £325K
- Mika Vayrynen to Brondby, £1.1M
- Kenny Steppe to Dortmund, Ln Fee £18K
- Arsenio Valpoort to Arsenal, £2.5M (Board accepted on my behalf)

Finished 4th place, won european place playoff. Received £1.6M for final position, paid out £675K to squad.

Got an influx of young players and regens coming in in the summer and will be putting them all into U18 squad and possibly loaning a few out, whilst also getting more youth coaches. Scouting for these youth players is the only thing I have used FMRTE for as I like to be very specific in what I look for, well apart from changing my date of birth so I'm 20 and not 25!

Next season's aim is to qualify for the Champions League (top 2) and hopefully challenge for the title too.

Depending on my budget I'd like to strengthen my first team's defence as that is definitely where my squad lacks depth. Can anyone suggest some defenders under.. £5M that would be interested in signing for a dutch team in Europa League?

Also, any feedback on the tactic and improvements that can be made would be appreciated (H)

Edit: Transfer budget of £5.75M with aim of challenging for the title.

spent transfer budget on Kyle Walker, hopefully will pay off through the season.

had to fend off a series of bids for Benitez and Niakhaichyk

Last edited:
so you have no more budget to spend?? why make a thread then?