Kurt1212

Reaction score
How do I start a save with this team.. I've tried 3 times and just can't seem to get consistent performances, I concede first EVERY game and have to work from behind, anybody played with them and had success? Hints and tips?

Played a 4-2-3-1 with two wide men. Draxler out on the left should be your star player, play him as an Inside Forward on attack and exploit the flanks. Over my first 3 seasons Draxler averages 15+ goals a season aswell as 20+ assists. I also sold Farfan to Chelsea immediately for 32.5 Million, no idea why they want him as he doesn't look like anything special. Clemens develops fairly well and is quite consistent out on the right.

With the money from selling Farfan you should bomb it back into strengthening the poor area's of your squad. Huntelaar + Szalai are solid for the first season so I'd recommend not looking for a new striker. Your attacking midfield is quite solid aswell, two players I'd look at are Sadio Mane (AML) to rotate ONLY when Draxler is tired, he can win games for you so if he's fit and in-form, play him. The other player I'd look at is Lacazette (AMR), probably better than Clemens and they are both fairly cheap - Mane 2.5/4 Million & Lacazette about 4-5 Million.

Central Midfield you're quite solid again, maybe bring in a cheap CM, Javad Nekounam(?) or Mohammed Diame, 300k & 3.5Million respectively.

Your defensive line again is very solid, I'd loan out felipe Santana, he never really impressed me and I moved him on as soon as I was able, the full-backs are solid for a season or two, but you'll want to upgrade them in the long run. Look at Jonathan Silva, young left back with plenty of potential, might cost you between 2.5-5 Million. For the RB position you can bring in that French RB that's on a free at the beginning. I ended up Exchanging Uchida for Hoffenheim's Sakai, quite a good attacking RB.

I'd try and upgrade your GK immediately, if you're lucky you *might* be able to ****** Ter Stegen when he's got 6 months left on his contract, never seems to sign a new one, but you'll usually have competition for him. Check out Yann Sommer for an immediate purchase.

If you choose to cash in on Huntelaar at the end of the season or want a new striker, do your best to buy Alexander Mitrovic(?), Serbian striker playing for Anderlecht. He was an absolute monster on my save and he's a regular goal-scorer aswell as chipping in with some assists.

Get rid of Jermaine Jones aswell, he's not worth the wages. Try and sell Anthony Annan & Obasi when you can, they aren't good enough for your first team. Give Meyer & Goretzka game time when you can, they can both turn out very good. A youth player called Donis Avidjaj became an excellent AP for me, although he hasn't done much on my other saves, but keep an eye on him just in case.

I'd post what tactics I'm using and how to approach games but that'd be a whole new wall of text so I'll just leave this.

Last edited: