Scharner likely to be leaving end of the season, need a replacement

TheJayBee

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm WBA, and contract talks with Scharner are going nowhere. He's good defensively but is also racking up a few assists and is top of the charts for assists in my squad. He's a really good player in my squad and it will be a shame if I lose him but his wage demands are ridiculous (wants 30k more even with a good agent fee) and doesn't seem to favour me that much (spoke out against me in a team meeting and gets funny about what I say in the media from time to time) so its likely he'll be going.

So, I need a replacement. I've got a few months to scout players and make my mind up for myself but help from you guys will be appreciated. I'm expecting roughly 3-5 million to spend, as I'm upgrading my facilities and my finances are staying around the same. Preferably, the guys you recommend will be English and young with their natural position as CM.

Key attributes I'm looking for are passing, creativity and decisions, decent tackling and determination would be great, too.

well if you're looking for young english players, jordon mutch from birmingham, mark noble, ross barkley on loan, it doesn't leave you with too many options, have a look at badelj, nainggolan.

Yes, Barkley was my first option. It's fairly important for them to be home-grown for me because I can see myself - touchwood - sneaking into the Europa League at the least because I'm unbeaten at the start of the season following a loss to Spurs on the opening day and I'm mid-way through October.

However, I will check out the guys you've mentioned, thanks :)