Scheduling Friendlies

angs123

Reaction score
Ok, pre season friendlies help your team gel right, but should I play against weak teams that give a 15-0 result or similar teams to get 2-0 results to allow my team to gel better?

the importance of friendlies is to play your new team and allow the new signings to gel with the current one, and its a good time to test your new tactics (if any) as well. however, losing too many would result in morale drop and to answer your qn, the difficulties of opponents arent that important as its just for fun. i tend to have a balance of weak and strong teams to ensure that morale doesnt drop too low as playing against tough teams could result in defeat. the most important thing is to try to win and praise your players for the victory, regardless the scoreline so as to boost morale and give you a slight advantage in games when the season starts

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

i honestly doubt that the difficulties of opponents would affect your team's gelling as morales tend to be affected more

i think we should go from the weakest into the stronger one ...
ex : played as Sunderland ...
maybe u should arrange friendlies like this :
- league 1 club
- league 1 club
- championship club
- championship club
- epl club