Scheduling Glitch/Bug? 3 games in 4 days?!

addug

Reaction score
We all know how much of a pain it is when it gets to the end of the season and increasing numbers of players are desperately in need of a rest. This is obviously made much worse if you're still desperate for point or in cup competitions.

Here's my fixtures for May:
View attachment 301617

So that's 2 instances of having 3 games in 4 days, and then 3 in 5 to round off the season.

If I manage to get to the Europa Final (admittedly that's unlikely considering how much I'll have to rotate, as there's still a very outside chance I could win the league) then that 3 in 5 could become 4 games in 5 days.

Seriously how on earth has this happened? I won CL last year so obviously I had ESC and CWC, but still the scheduling is ridiculous, is that some kind of error or flaw in the game?

Mate I had exactly the same, curiously I was Liverpool as well, last month was game after game, annoying as I had at least 1 game cancelled in December that I'd rested players for and it was cancelled, every other team still played though!
I ended up just resting my team for two weeks, it worked and I was able to win the league...but it was a pain!

I don't think it's a bug as such but more a feature where FM under certain circumstances comes short/fails to replicate real life. I have not experienced this my self in any edition of FM even though being involved in lots or tournaments so its a rather rare event.

this used to happen all the time in the previous games.. one save with shamrock rovers i was playing 5 games a week at one point

It's something that could definitely do to be looked at for future games really then. Obviously sometime fixture congestion is unavoidable, my March/April wasn't actually too bad. The FA tend t obe pretty good at rearranging fixtures IRL, monumentally screwed my chances of pulling something off. Fortunately the Europa League final which I scraped into is the week after.

Mate I had exactly the same, curiously I was Liverpool as well, last month was game after game, annoying as I had at least 1 game cancelled in December that I'd rested players for and it was cancelled, every other team still played though!
I ended up just resting my team for two weeks, it worked and I was able to win the league...but it was a pain!

What season are you in mate?

Had it in my first season, but not in the second, even though I got to the champions league final, could it be the eufa cup that causes it?

How do you get the attendance and scorers to appear next to your fixtures?

It has happened to me with Liverpool. Also while I was in Europa league. I think if you go all the way in the Capital One Cup, FA cup and Europa then it happens. Might be worth someone testing this out. The only solution I can think of is to stop being so **** successful! ;)

That could make sense, forgot about the fact the there's an extra round after the group stages. Also won the League Cup and got to the final of the FA Cup. Over the course of the whole season played 69 competitive matches, so I guess that explains it. Shame it couldn't have been a bit more balanced!

Ended up finishing second, beat Man City 4-1 (who won the league) and Arsenal 3-0, won Europa League, but could only manage a draw with Arsenal second time round meaning Man City had to draw or lose on the final day... They won 7-1.

Wonder how it would affect a German team in the eufa cup, they have a Xmas break as well! Man city are crazily good, playing dzeko, aguero, silva and tevez at the same time they get easily 20-25 goals each!

I'm just starting 19-20 season now. But last year was a weird one. There was 5 teams that scored over 90 goals, one of which was Chelsea despite finishing 9th haha. Man City had Dzeko with about 25, then about 6 others on 10-15. I had Ademilson bang in 46 in the 16-17 season, but he's not been as prolific since, still 25 a season though. I just miss the excitement of him seeming getting a couple every single game haha.

It's amazing the transfer budget you can build up over the years if you're into developing young players through. I'm sitting on a transfer budget of £530 million haha. I had

It has happened to me with Liverpool. Also while I was in Europa league. I think if you go all the way in the Capital One Cup, FA cup and Europa then it happens. Might be worth someone testing this out. The only solution I can think of is to stop being so **** successful! ;)

Haha the ironic thing is, trophy wise it was a poorer season, only won League Cup and Europa!

Wonder how it would affect a German team in the eufa cup, they have a Xmas break as well! Man city are crazily good, playing dzeko, aguero, silva and tevez at the same time they get easily 20-25 goals each!

I'm really tempted to leave to join a German team, I want to join Leverkusen so have started criticising their manager regularly haha, if it goes to plan I should be able to let you know how that goes.

Arsenal have a ridiculous regen on my save. He's 23, valued at £41.5 million (the cheapest I could negotiate to buy him off them was £240 - £260 million), scored 126 goals in the last 3 seasons, that's league only btw.

ORmSQGf.jpg