Scholes slams 'pampered' England

hahawas

Reaction score
From Scholes slams 'pampered' England | England Football Team News, Fixtures, Results | Sky Sports

Paul Scholes believes England's players are 'mollycoddled' and has accused managers of only taking the national team job for financial reasons.

Scholes
spacer.gif
made 66 appearances for his country before announcing his retirement from international football in 2004 to spend more time with his family and extend his club career.
Having hung up his boots for good this summer, the former midfielder has now offered his views on the England set-up in an unusually outspoken interview with Manchester United
spacer.gif
fanzine Red News.
As well as being critical of bosses who never stay in the role long enough to provide stability, Scholes admitted that he did not think England had a chance of winning a major trophy in the near future.
"The England manager changes that often there can never be that stability and I think managers just go out for the England job for the money these days."
Paul ScholesQuotes of the week

"The England team these days are treated like world superstars from what they do at club level," he said.
[h=4]Disaster[/h]"I don't think that helps when they go to England (duty) because they're all mollycoddled and pampered.
"They're treated like they're world champions before actually being a successful team to do that.
"The England manager changes that often there can never be that stability and I think managers just go out for the England job for the money these days."
England's only major trophy came on home soil in the 1966 World Cup
spacer.gif
and, asked if he could see any prospect of an end to the drought, Scholes continued: "You would always like to say 'yes' but at the minute, no I can't.
"You can go over the last four or five tournaments - England may have got to a couple of quarter-finals, but there's nothing else to show for it and South Africa
spacer.gif
was a complete disaster."

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

IMO, he's spot on. England are ate most overrated national team in history. I do believe that we do have the talent but the side lacks in effort and experience at the highest level. If more friendly international games were played against bigger teams and there less club interference like pulling players out of the side we may do better.