Scholes 'to play one more season'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes hints he will retire at end of next season, 17 years after making his United debut.

More...

The legend that is Paul Scholes. Such a gifted/talented player, has been one of United's all time bests. Will be a struggle to replace him IMO.

The legend that is Paul Scholes. Such a gifted/talented player, has been one of United's all time bests. Will be a struggle to replace him IMO.
really?

i think it will be a struggle to replace him when he was at his best, but i think there are quite a few who could be replace him at the moment.

obviously, i don't think anyone will take his reputation of being such a legend though.

really?

i think it will be a struggle to replace him when he was at his best, but i think there are quite a few who could be replace him at the moment.

obviously, i don't think anyone will take his reputation of being such a legend though.

am not sure dude, you cant replace experience and an old head and thats what Scholesy has. he is the driving force when he plays and pops up with important goals here and there (man city to name a few) he will be missed greatly.

Quality player.

You can't argue with that.

really?

even now we dont have anyone coming through with his creativity and guile. we're gonna have to buy someone, and its gonna cost us a pretty penny

even now we dont have anyone coming through with his creativity and guile. we're gonna have to buy someone, and its gonna cost us a pretty penny
yeah that's true.

i've seen people put Gibson up as 'the next Scholes' before, quite ridiculous really, i honestly don't see Gibson ever reaching that.

We've got Carrick ;)

Who is there out there that can replace him is the problem. Say, Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso... none of which will come to OT any time soon. We still haven't replace Keano

You very nearly nicked Josh McEachran from our academy whom definately has the potential to more than fill the void left by Scholes.

We've got Carrick ;)

Who is there out there that can replace him is the problem. Say, Iniesta, Xavi, Alonso... none of which will come to OT any time soon. We still haven't replace Keano
no. carrick is primarily defensive, he cann carry the ball forwards likes scholes could, and he's hasnt got that creative spark to make something out of nothing, hes just a very good passer, and hes not comfortable under pressure like scholes is

out there:not many, gourcuff, hamsik are the only two really.

i think fletcher has done a great job. but then we dont really need another keano, we do need another scholes

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

yeah that's true.

i've seen people put Gibson up as 'the next Scholes' before, quite ridiculous really, i honestly don't see Gibson ever reaching that.
gibson will be a decent central mid, but nothing special, certainly not someone can take hold of the game and dictate attacking play

Gourcuff is class. if hes ambitious at all, he'll be leaving bordeaux quite soon, although i fear someone like madrid will snap him up and he'll be a sub for however many seasons and his talent will go to waste

about scholes. room for another coach at the club? ;)

We've got Carrick ;)

What's wrong with Fletcher. It's hard to replace players of that sort of caliber but I think Fletch has done the job of filling his boots quite well

What's wrong with Fletcher. It's hard to replace players of that sort of caliber but I think Fletch has done the job of filling his boots quite well

i admit, i was never a big fan of darren during his first few seasons but i have to say, i have eaten my words since then, fletch is a very important for us, just look at the champions league final against Barca, he was surely missed that night.

Back