Scholes 'to play one more season'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K
The Premier League will miss its gingerest legend.

I reckon if Anderson is played in his preferred position (and not sold to Lyon/Marseille), he can fill that void left by Scholes.

I reckon if Anderson is played in his preferred position (and not sold to Lyon/Marseille), he can fill that void left by Scholes.
yeah. he wont get sold, he was about to get a run in the first, injured himself in the first game back. think we have used him too defensively, he needs a conisistent run at amc. not just one game

proper legend off the game and will be a miss when he actually retires.

Good Lool, Him An Giggs Make Man Utd A Rather Good Teaam, It'll be Good For Liverpool Allthough, I feel The Prem Will Miss Hiom I Know Man Utd Will :L

I'll believe his retirement when I see it with my own eyes.

Scholes will go when he is told, from Fergie, You would of thought by now, Fergie makes the calls not Scholes. ;)

Fergue decides when he stop playing

Role model, Legend. Him and Giggs have carried their careers without any controversies. He can never be replaced. Not even Hamsik, Gourcuff comes close to Scholes at his prime. Only player i can think of is Xavi and Iniesta.

He will be missed. He is what exactly England needed, making available for passes and carrying forward.
Anyways we have not replaced Cantona, Backham, Keane, RVN. We move on. SAF never replaced like for like instead he changed the system. There is no joy in the game other than watching Scholes making 40 yards inch perfect passes.

"He's always in the right position, always seems to be at the end of the box when the ball drops in. The complete midfielder - when he's fit, he's the best. Some go missing but he's in the right place at the right time. He's my favourite player of all-time, unbelievable. If you give him a chance it's a goal, isn't it?" -- Micah Richards.

Glenn Hoddle : "There isn’t a player of his mould anywhere else in the world."

Terry Venables : "He’s the best one- or two-touch passer in the country. He sees the game unlike any other player."

Alan Shearer : "If you ask footballers to pick out the player they most admire, so many of them will pick Paul Scholes. He can tackle, and his passing and shooting is of the highest level. He’s the most consistent and naturally gifted player we’ve had for a long, long time."

Edgar Davids : ""Every one of us (midfielders) is just trying to become as good as him. Everyone can learn from Paul Scholes."

Edgar Davids : "I'm not the best, Paul Scholes is."

Cesc Fabregas : "He is the one whose level I aspire to. He is the best player in the Premier League."

Patrick Vieira : "The player in the Premiership I admire most? Easy - Scholes."

Thierry Henry : "I can't understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it's because he doesn't seek the limelight like some of the other 'stars'."

Zinedine Zidane : "My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder."

Zinedine Zidane : "Scholes is undoubtedly the best midfielder of his generation."

Sam Allardyce : "There is not a better midfield player in the world."

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------[/COLOR]

Few more:

Marcello Lippi : "Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team - that goes to show how highly I have always rated him. Scholes is a player I have always liked, because he combines great talent and technical ability with mobility, determination and a superb shot. He is an all-round midfielder who possesses character and quality in abundance. In my opinion, he's been one of the most important players for United under Sir Alex."

Gordon Strachan : "Paul Scholes has been the best England midfield player for 30-odd years. You'd probably have to go back to Bobby Charlton to find someone who could do as much as Scholes. When the ball arrives at his feet he could tell you where every player on that pitch is at that moment. His awareness is superb."

Kevin Keegan : "What United have got that Chelsea haven't is Paul Scholes. I think he is different to anything else in English football."

Laurent Blanc : "Scholes is the best English player. Intelligence, technique, strength... all the attributes are there. At Manchester United I saw what he could do on the training field. Phew!"

David Beckham said that, among his teammates at Real Madrid, which included Zinedine Zidane, Raúl, Ronaldo, Luís Figo and Roberto Carlos, Scholes was the most admired opponent : "He's always one of those people others talk about. Even playing at Real Madrid, the players always say to me 'what's he like'? They respect him as a footballer, and to have that respect

Brian Kidd : "Paul Scholes had the best football brain I'd ever seen in a kid. Let's face it. Paul Scholes is in a class of its own."

Rio Ferdinand : "For me, it's Paul Scholes. He'll do ridiculous things in training like say, "You see that tree over there?" - it'll be 40 yards away - "I'm going to hit it". And he'll do it. Everyone at the club considers him the best."

Gary Neville : "I wouldn't swap Paul Scholes for anybody. He is quite simply the most complete footballer I have ever played with. He is the best."
Sir Bobby Charlton : "I am sorry for England because they don't have any player like him. You can talk about others but there is no one else like him. He is the best technical player England has without any question. He could have had a lot more caps if he had carried on. And if I was the manager he would have ended up with more than I did – easy"

Last edited:
Back