Schweinsteiger eyes PL move

Trophy_Whorder

Trophy_Hoarder
Reaction score
Germany midfield ace keen on English football

View attachment 111815

Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has revealed his ambition to play for an English club.

The Germany international, who is contracted at Bayern until 2012, has recently been linked to several Premier League sides, including Manchester United and Chelsea.

And 26-year-old Schweinsteiger has admitted his admiration for the English game, even joking United could exchange him for Wayne Rooney.

"I love the kind of speed of the English game but I don't know what will happen with me," Schweinsteiger said in The Sunday Times.

"I have a contract until 2012 and we'll see.

"What I love is the atmosphere in English stadiums. When we played last year in Manchester it was fantastic.

"My brother is a big fan of Man U and he always says, 'Go to Man U, go to Man U.' I say, 'I can't, I can't."

He laughed: "Maybe they can swap me for Rooney."

Chelsea
Schweinsteiger also expressed his appreciation of Chelsea's approach, adding: "I watch the English games on TV and I like the Chelsea style at the moment. They're very strong."

The midfielder admits his relationship with the Bayern fans has not always been good, and says he admires the loyalty of the English supporters.

"For me, in England the fans are better," he added. "When the team give their best, they are not booing.

Would be a great playing to be in the premier league what are your thoughs.​

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11881_6478629,00.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Think he's a quality player, would welcome him to the Premier League.

He should go to Arsenal..

For no reason at all, i just like Arsenal..

But yeah, he's a great player. Good to hear some of the best want to come to England.

Love him at Liverpool, can't see it though unless we're in the top 4/5 by January. Surely Bayern officials can't be happy that he has came out and said this?

Great, Moysey snap him up!

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Love him at Liverpool, can't see it though unless we're in the top 4/5 by January. Surely Bayern officials can't be happy that he has came out and said this?
Exactly what I was thinking.

I think he would fit better at Chelsea. Only see him going there or City, perhaps to Arsenal.

however unrealistic it is atm, i'd ******* love him to join Liverpool!
he'd finally be a replacement for Xabi..

I don't see where he would fit at Arsenal, we simply do not need a midfielder. He is a quality player though.

Can't really see him fitting in at Chelsea either with the likes of Essien, Mikel, Ramires, Lampard (when fit), Zhirkov (now, playing the best he has at Chelsea) and even the likes of McEachran coming through and Mellis too. But it would be nice to add him to our squad. We have about 4 slots in the 25 man squad so it's possible.

I would love him at Chelsea the combination of Lampard-Essien-Bastian will be a deadly combination

We 'd benefit majorly from a player of his caliber, but I think United might needs him more than the others do at this point.

Man Utd need someone like him in their dire midfield.

"What I love is the atmosphere in English stadiums. When we played last year in Manchester it was fantastic.

"My brother is a big fan of Man U and he always says, 'Go to Man U, go to Man U.' I say, 'I can't, I can't."

Come on Bastian, your bro cant be wrong. Listen to him you mug. Excellent player.

If it's not a video interview it's probably bullshit. The print media is twisted

If it's not a video interview it's probably bullshit. The print media is twisted

I agree. And doubt he will move, unless Bayern accept a huge transfer fee, he wont pursue it. Unlike what happen with ballack for example.

Fergy will most probably try and snap him up, with Scholes getting on abit, even though he's still playing well, i'm sure having some other world class midfielder around the place won't harm anyone

He would most probably prefer Arsenal's style of play, a mix of youth and experience.

he will move to United in June, watch this space, after Sneijder signed his new 5 yr contract recently, he was one of the players Gill probably mentioned to Rooney that the club was going to sign come Summer! along with Benzema and Steven Defour ;)

Back