burtona38

Reaction score
Can anybody help me out with scoring from corners? i get about 10-15 corners a game and i might be lucky if i score once from this:( also can anybody tell me why i havent got any decent scouting knowledge even though ive got loads of decent scouts out and about?:(

Many thanks

Can anybody help me out with scoring from corners? i get about 10-15 corners a game and i might be lucky if i score once from this:( also can anybody tell me why i havent got any decent scouting knowledge even though ive got loads of decent scouts out and about?:(

Many thanks

In my experience, far post corners are the best in FM11. That's the key.

My corner setup worked great for me with a certain consistency, and it goes like this: best header (usually a DC) standing on far post, a striker challenging the keeper, a midfielder lurking outside, and the rest pretty much default. Also make sure you have corner takers kicking with the opposite foot/side.

As for the scouts, hire scouts of different nationalities (that will improve instantly club knowledge) or simply assign you scouts to foreign nations.

Hope it helped.

Specific corner instructions are considered by many as cheating/bug exploiting though, as the match engine seems to be unable to defend far post corners effectively.

As for scouting knowledge, you can get it from staff with knowledge of countries you have little/no knowledge about (and not just scouts, if you're maxed on scouts you can consider hiring coaches with "exotic" knowledge), as well as from feeder clubs in different areas of the world.

Will give this a try when i get home from work later today,thhanks for all your help,will also keep you updated tomorrow with all the goals i score from corners..lol

Did you also have any help with free kicks? I dont think i have scored from a free kick and this is my 10th season in

Specific corner instructions are considered by many as cheating/bug exploiting though, as the match engine seems to be unable to defend far post corners effectively.

As for scouting knowledge, you can get it from staff with knowledge of countries you have little/no knowledge about (and not just scouts, if you're maxed on scouts you can consider hiring coaches with "exotic" knowledge), as well as from feeder clubs in different areas of the world.

If you look in real life, teams that plant a tall player on the far post are often most successful, Huddersfield when vs Sheffield Wednesday were very dangerous from their far post corners.

United use Vidic... but yeah, far post corners with players crowding the six yard box and also someone on the near post as headers sometimes come across goal.

If you look in real life, teams that plant a tall player on the far post are often most successful, Huddersfield when vs Sheffield Wednesday were very dangerous from their far post corners.

United use Vidic... but yeah, far post corners with players crowding the six yard box and also someone on the near post as headers sometimes come across goal.
I don't disagree, I just said that some consider it cheating. As far as I'm concerned, first off I have no business telling someone not to do something in their game, and secondly it's not using an editor/resetting a save with every loss/adding managers to other teams to get their players or money. I view it as a legit strategy, although I understand the "loss of realism" POV considering it's a flaw in the game's match engine.

Last edited:
indirect free kicks i just go for best header but really they're similar to corners, when I score it's because the ball went to far post.

if you mean direct free kicks, I think I've scored maybe once (deflected) in hundreds of games, but at least opponents seem to have the same problem... now that is some serious "loss of realism"!

Put corners to mix

1,2 full back - stay back
3 attack ball from deep
4 attack near post **
5 challenge Keeper ****
6 near post flick on *****
7 stay back if needed
8 lurk outside area - good with long shots
9 attack far post***
10 corner taker

16 goals from corners this season in serie a.

Put corners to mix

1,2 full back - stay back
3 attack ball from deep
4 attack near post **
5 challenge Keeper ****
6 near post flick on *****
7 stay back if needed
8 lurk outside area - good with long shots
9 attack far post***
10 corner taker

16 goals from corners this season in serie a.
dunno what these mean. can you explain us ? and how is star suppose to be ?

Put corners to far past then put your tallest CB on the right of the 2 CB's ... Pique has scored 6 in 15 for barcelona from corners in La Liga for me :)

Slung a Defender on the far post and it is now paying dividends,got a player called Tony Kroos,will cost you a fortune in later life but he knows how to put the ball on my defenders head,scored 4 in 6 games and the same goes for the other defender who gets a go when the corners thrown in from the other side.

dunno what these mean. can you explain us ? and how is star suppose to be ?
5 stars is for player with best aerial attributes ..4 a little lower...etc..
Player who dont have stars...isnt so important, because he will almost never score and he isnt on good position.
The one who challenge keeper should be strong and tall...and one outside arena should have good long shoots

6 Yard Box from both sides.
Center back challenge Keeper
Other Center back near Post flick.

Carragher scored 10 goals in 1st season 11 in 2nd. (Challenge Keeper)
Agger scored 7 1st season (Near post flick)
Hangeland scored 6 2nd season (Near Post Flick)

Leading Striker (Torres) Attack Far post. scored a few
Center mid (Lucas) Lurk outside (Scored some)
winger (Kuyt) Attack ball from deep. (scores occasionally)