Scotland v. FYR Macedonia

well fair enough, youve named 2 that teams might be weary of but thats my point, i was scared that Pandev was gonna do something and thats 1 player from Macedonia?? And I said McFaddens good but world class?? name your top 10 strikers in the world? bet he's not close!!!! infact 20.

Your tuned to the moon if you think that mate!

Great result and great atmosphere...2nd half. Must have been some team-talk from Burley and I think we need to have some belief and Holland. Anything is possible. We beat France home and away and were unlucky at home vs Italy. Didn't do too badly either against the dutch at their place. Header cleared off the line, Caldwell goal disallowed, and a Mcgregor mistake in goals. If hampden gets really behind the team then we can do it.

We all know Scotland isn't the greatest football nation at the minute, but you have to understand, they are still in the top 15 regardless. But every Scottish person has to look forward, in a few years time all the youngsters will be coming through, and a lot of them look like good prospects, so if anything we should be excited about what's coming, not dissapointed because we don't have world class talent in our side. :S

I mean England only beat Slovenia 2-1! Although technically I am English too I shouldn't be too happy about that :p

Mate we're 30th!

BEATING MACEDONIA 2-0 IS A GOOD RESULT FOR US AT THE PRESENT MOMENT AND STATE OF SQUAD.

If we won 5-0 yesterday and get smashed of Holland 5-0 what difference is gonna make? all that wouldve happened is that the nation would be in a fairytale land and expecting something special. its the same team and players. GET REAL!!

Last edited:
Yeah but Scotland could beat any team below the top 10! I mean come on 10th is USA, the world rankings are only based on points earned, not on how good your team is, stop being so negative..

i dont believe scotland would. and im not negative. just realistic mate. England have some of the best players in the world but wont win the world cup! its the same pricipal, just cause Scotland should and could be beating those teams doesnt mean its true and would happen.

i say it would be a good game ireland vs scotland

I really get sick of all the Faddy brown nosers...He is an average player in what can only be said...an average team. 1 goal against France and everyone thinks he is a world beater...Livipunk you are actually just talking ***** now....if he had any remote potential to be a world class striker he would not be at Birmingham.

Under Mcleish/Smith we were full of confidence and feared nobody. That team has gone since Burley took over. I was excited when he got the job i really thought he would do great but he has been terrible. I don't understand why players like Alexander,Davidson,Teale etc can get a call up when the likes of Kevin Thomson and Chris Burke are left out.

After we scored we really showed that we can hammer teams like Macedonia and we should be. We may not have a stand out class player like Marco said but we used to be a well organised unit who were hard to beat away from home and feared at Hampden.

With the right man in charge we would have given Holland a better run for there money

Yeah but you are being negative. International football is all about hope, and national pride. You shouldn't be moaning about how your country has no world class players, there's nothing we can do it's just luck! Considering the size of Scotland, with a population of 5Million I think they are doing pretty well but whatever, your realism is lame :S

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

But I have to say, can we please get Burley out! He can't pick a squad for ****!

I agree 100% Kris. it was the same group of players with Smith in charge. Andy, come on mate, granted we all HOPE that Scotland beat Holland or whoever we play but on Wednesday do you really think that we can win under Burley and given the latest results?? where as with Smith in charge we couldve all expected a half decent performance and maybe a win. if we get anything from Holland i will be very shocked.

but i'll be there in hope and supporting them all the way, thats what we do!!

Noo I think you've misunderstood me, I'm not expecting anything, and to be honest with you I think Burley was a poor, rushed appointment but that aside I just don't like people moaning about their national side.. If we played our best squad and had some tactics that actually made sense, then we would have probably qualified, considering we've lost away to Norway and Macedonia. But hey, Holland might play a weakened side, you never know :p

I really get sick of all the Faddy brown nosers...He is an average player in what can only be said...an average team. 1 goal against France and everyone thinks he is a world beater...Livipunk you are actually just talking ***** now....if he had any remote potential to be a world class striker he would not be at Birmingham.

Sorry but no I am not. He is at Birmingham because, as I said, he doesn't always turn it on, however when he does he could well be a World Class striker, playing easily for any team. He has shown that throughout his career, not just the goal against France - although that shows very clearly what he is capable of, as does his goal yesterday.

I hate all this negativity! The minute Scotland struggles the whole support is out Lynch anyone and everyone in the team - on and off the pitch - Scottish fans have always been like that, maybe always will, but it's about time we got behind the team like Hampden did yesterday.

I am going to the Holland game and feeling very excited and optimistic about the game. I also feel - although is going to slightly contradict what a I just said about positivity - as long as we don't play Kenny Miller up front on his own I firmly believe we will do well.

Noo I think you've misunderstood me, I'm not expecting anything, and to be honest with you I think Burley was a poor, rushed appointment but that aside I just don't like people moaning about their national side.. If we played our best squad and had some tactics that actually made sense, then we would have probably qualified, considering we've lost away to Norway and Macedonia. But hey, Holland might play a weakened side, you never know :p

To be fair i thought Burley would have done a job considering his record with Hearts and Ipswich. Some managers just are not suited for International football.

Sorry but no I am not. He is at Birmingham because, as I said, he doesn't always turn it on, however when he does he could well be a World Class striker, playing easily for any team. He has shown that throughout his career, not just the goal against France - although that shows very clearly what he is capable of, as does his goal yesterday.

I hate all this negativity! The minute Scotland struggles the whole support is out Lynch anyone and everyone in the team - on and off the pitch - Scottish fans have always been like that, maybe always will, but it's about time we got behind the team like Hampden did yesterday.

I am going to the Holland game and feeling very excited and optimistic about the game. I also feel - although is going to slightly contradict what a I just said about positivity - as long as we don't play Kenny Miller up front on his own I firmly believe we will do well.

You are judging his ability on two goals? The France one was lucky as **** as well

People are negative because they know Burley is doing a **** poor job as did Vogts. It's the same as club football...why keep someone in if they do a **** job?

Burley looks like a guy who is feeling the strain,he doesn't handle pressure very well at all.Ive seen some of his interviews on Sky and i cringe,he has this permanent nervous grin on his face.He's not a leader of men im afraid and he brought Terry Butcher in for gods sake.Even if Scotland make the play off i wouldn't be surprised if a Management change was made,

You are judging his ability on two goals? The France one was lucky as **** as well

I said:
He has shown that throughout his career, not just the goal against France - although that shows very clearly what he is capable of, as does his goal yesterday.

So no I am not just basing it on two goals.

People are negative because they know Burley is doing a **** poor job as did Vogts. It's the same as club football...why keep someone in if they do a **** job?

I know that, I want Burley to go as well, I think he is a ***** manager. My point was the whole of Scotland needs to get behind the team, and Burley for what WILL be his last game, to spur the team on during the match on Wednesday. As Burley has said many times, when we play at Hampden the Tartan Army is our 12th man, and I believe we could beat anyone at Hampden when the crowd gets behind the team.

I think Burley needs some support from other Scottish managers/ coaches. I mean Scotland has some of the greatest coaching staff, and Burley isn't one of them, leaving all the decisions down to him is a bad idea, he's not experienced with Internations, not only International matches, but International players also. Sorry to bring in a negative point but Scotland are in a Lose, lose situation, we either get into the World Cup, and fail because George Burley will be manager. Or we don't qualify, and we start all over again with a new manager, I know which would I would pick...

we all want burley to go i was talkin to a guy before the match and he said that he was considering ripping up his ticket cos of burley and his rubbish tactics and i know how he feels :

mcfadden on the bench against norway
playing imelimo(or however his name is spelt)

and if anybody seen it the blame is being put on iwelemo cos his miss that almost anybody could have scored(said most cos he ****** missed it in the first place !!)

we all want burley to go i was talkin to a guy before the match and he said that he was considering ripping up his ticket cos of burley and his rubbish tactics and i know how he feels :

mcfadden on the bench against norway
playing imelimo(or however his name is spelt)

and if anybody seen it the blame is being put on iwelemo cos his miss that almost anybody could have scored(said most cos he ****** missed it in the first place !!)

Iwelumo is a good player, proved that last season for Wolves. Burley played him because at the time he had scored something like 7 goals in 8 games. Every single football player in the world has made/will make a mistake like that, it was just a shame that his came at the worst possible time. People need to get off his back.