Winners?

• Total voters

pistolped7

Reaction score

200px-UEFA_Euro_2012_logo.png

Scotland vs. Czech Republic
UEFA EURO 2012 Qualifier - Hampden Park, Glasgow
September 3rd 2011, Kick Off - 3pm

In a must-win game for Scotland, the Czech's have come to visit Hampden after their 1-0 victory in Prague last year over the striker-less Blues. However, Craig Levein has decided upon a 4-5-1 formation for his side, with Kenny Miller leading the line, with Steven Naismith and James Morrison supporting on either side. Alan Hutton and Darren Fletcher have both been given places in the starting 11, despite a lack of recent competitive football.

The visiting Czech's, however, are without Chelsea's Petr Cech, who is replaced by Jan Lastuvka. They've also gone for a lone striker in former Liverpool hitman Milan Baros. Tomas Rosicky also starts.

Scotland XI: McGregor, Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, Bardsley, Naismith, Fletcher, Adam, Brown, Morrison, Miller. Subs: Gilks, Robson, Wilson, Goodwillie, Bannan, Forrest, Cowie.

Czech Rep. XI: Lastuvka, Hubnik, Rajnoch, Sivok, Kadlec, Hubschman, Plasil, Petrzela, Rosicky, Jiracek, Baros. Subs: Drobny, Pekhart, Rezek, Pudil, Pospech, Vacek, Lafata.

I am personally quietly confident for this one, and expect a win. I'd definitely take a 1-0, Miller to link-up with Naismith, much as I hate to say it, and score.

must win match i think we will win 2-1

c'mon !!

Going for a 1-1 - the Czechs will be very tricky. Adam to score a free kick

Must win, will Scotland play an actual forward though. hoping for a 2-1 win. this on TV?

Is that Vaclav Kadlec at Left Back or a different Kadlec?

P.S Very impressed by the flag-holders at the start.

2-0 Scotland tough game but I think Scotland are good enough

Sky SPORTS 2

Are there ANY matches (apart from friendlies) that Sky haven't bought the rights too?. I mean seriously-not everyone can afford Sky.

Doesnt bother me lol as i have the Whole Sky Spts package ;)

I really do enjoy watching international football.....
oh wait I don't have sky. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Scotland playing some nice stuff, need to stretch the play more

Are there ANY matches (apart from friendlies) that Sky haven't bought the rights too?. I mean seriously-not everyone can afford Sky.

Well Sky have had home games for years they dont have the away games though.

Hmm, looking a bit flimsy at the back early on, especially Hutton. Baros should've put them one up, but nice to see Broony in the thick of it as usual. Fletcher looking decent early on as well.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

And to whoever asked about Kadclec, it's not Vaclav. Michal Kadlec, plays for Leverkusen I think.

Customary stupid foul from Brown...

Brown booked, suspended for Lithuania game. Gary Caldwell still a shambles, so not much changed there.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Lovely ball from Naismith, just a bit too heavy. Looks like Scotland are starting to settle in, but we're still shaky at the back. How Gary Caldwell gets a game for Scotland ahead of Danny Wilson escapes me.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Why is the guy from Biffy Clyro playing on the wing for the Czechs?

Is Faddy still injured? as i would have him my squad and maybe on the bench.

First chance in 29 minutes, and it was a half 'un.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Is Faddy still injured? as i would have him my squad and maybe on the bench.

I'd imagine he still is, otherwise he'd rpobs be there. Is Dorrans injured too?