Scotland vs. Czech Republic - EURO 2012 Qualifier - 03/09/2011 - 3pm

Winners?

• Total voters
Not really, he's good but not a completely game-chnaging player. I'd imagine he's unfit or suspended.

Anyway, we'd have won if the referee was blessed with eyesight.

He's playing regularly at Leeds so isn't unfit and only played a couple games so I doubt he's suspended. He scored last time too ;) He may not have pace but he does have great skill

in fairness you should have been put down in the first 10 minutes

Awful refereeing, Although i couldnt see Scotland qualifying anyway

This was the first time I had real expectations for qualifying. If we'd won, and then beat Lithuania, we'd be a point ahead of them, with us then playing Leichtenstein and Spain.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

He's playing regularly at Leeds so isn't unfit and only played a couple games so I doubt he's suspended. He scored last time too ;) He may not have pace but he does have great skill

Yeah, I agree he's a really good player, but I just don't see him as a major influence yet. He was awesome against Denmark though.
Mike.'s right, we were poor overall, but we I feel the result is unjust, despite the fact they probs deserved at least a draw.

This was the first time I had real expectations for qualifying. If we'd won, and then beat Lithuania, we'd be a point ahead of them, with us then playing Leichtenstein and Spain.

Yes but correct me if im wrong, dont you have to play a play off if you come second? which then makes it very difficult for scotland.. with two legs against a decent or potentially very good side

yeah playoffs for teams that finish 2nd :)

Yes but correct me if im wrong, dont you have to play a play off if you come second? which then makes it very difficult for scotland.. with two legs against a decent or potentially very good side

Don't forget we took the World Champions (TM) all the way at Hampden, and at home we're a match for most (see France, Italy, Holland, Spain, Germany, etc). Away we're decidedly average (see Italy, Holland, Germany, Georgia, Iceland, Lithuania, Czechs) but I do think we're good enough to go to the Euros.

You talk as if they wouldnt stand a chance, when in fact they would, could also get a side they are much better than. Scotland are a decent side, and good on their day

Just want to see all UK sides qualify. Be nice to see them all in there battling it out for a change.

I think the reason we do so well against bigger sides is they underestimate us. We've beaten France home and away, lost to Italy at home only because of a still bewildering decision late on (ring any bells?), Germany at home iirc, gave Spain a good fright and beat Holland all in the last ten years.

Yea your right, But suppose we'll never know now... Or its highly Unlikely

Your right actually, Over two legs though i wouldn't give them a chance but thats me

its a shame, cus id like to see another home nation at a Major championships

Well, agree to disagree. Also, I'd love to see the two Ireland's make it to a long overdue tournament. Wales I'd like to see there too, but I think it's a bit too late for them now sadly.

Well, agree to disagree. Also, I'd love to see the two Ireland's make it to a long overdue tournament. Wales I'd like to see there too, but I think it's a bit too late for them now sadly.

the Irelands have a chance. Wales have to smash us to stand any chance (then need other things to go their way)

the Irelands have a chance. Wales have to smash us to stand any chance (then need other things to go their way)

Well, much as I'd love to see Wales smash England (no offence intended, auld enemy and all that :p), England are on good form and should make a good job of Wales. Shame really, because Wales are a better team than they let on.

Just seen the highlights on SSN and what a dive from the Czech player.....Disgrace.

Dutch referee Kevin Blom has been kicked out of his country's top-flight and axed as their Euro 2012 finals representative after his poor performance in Saturday's qualifier between Scotland and the Czech Republic at Hampden. (Sun)