Scottish Football's Deep Lying Problems...

Rangers and Celtic waste so much talent by not playing theier younger players, look at Ross Macormack(sp) He didn't get a chance at Rangers and ended up playing for Motherwell but has proved himself and is now playing in the Championship, if you look at Livingston they have had Graham Dorrans and Robert Snodgrass who because they were given a chance in the first team are now regular starters for their clubs and Dorrans is being linked with some of the top clubs and will be playing in the premiership next year

Disagree tbh, dont see how Dorrans and Snodgrass getting a game in the first division has made a massive difference, they would have made it anyway, infact Snodgrass didnt get much of a game for years at Livi after amking an early breakthrough, was even loaned out to Stirling

Disagree tbh, dont see how Dorrans and Snodgrass getting a game in the first division has made a massive difference, they would have made it anyway, infact Snodgrass didnt get much of a game for years at Livi after amking an early breakthrough, was even loaned out to Stirling
But it gives them a better chance, i mean look at Danny Wilson at Rangers they have given him a chance and he is tipped to be a very good player, if they had left him to rot in the reserves he probably wouldn't have had anywhere near as much of a chance as he has now. I believe that Dorrans and Snodgrass getting a first team chance did help them albeit in the first division because they attracted the attention of clubs which wouldn't have happened if they had just sat in the reserves

But it gives them a better chance, i mean look at Danny Wilson at Rangers they have given him a chance and he is tipped to be a very good player, if they had left him to rot in the reserves he probably wouldn't have had anywhere near as much of a chance as he has now. I believe that Dorrans and Snodgrass getting a first team chance did help them albeit in the first division because they attracted the attention of clubs which wouldn't have happened if they had just sat in the reserves

Yeh but you dont just give every and any youngster first team football, Wilson got it becuase he was good enough. Fleck was given a chance but his own bad attitute has held him back

Yeh but you dont just give every and any youngster first team football, Wilson got it becuase he was good enough. Fleck was given a chance but his own bad attitute has held him back
I know you don't always give them a chace but look at Arsenal, they play their youngsters in every carling cup game so that they can get first team football, and experience, i just don't believe that the old firm give their youngsters enough of a chance

I don't think that the schools should neccessarily do it; in Norway we have hundreds of clubs that gives everyone the chance to play if they become members, from the age of 5-6. They then play on tiny pitches, such as 5 aside ones, then when they're 7 they move on to 7 aside ones, and when they turn 13-14 they play on full sized ones. It's once they start playing 11 aside they top the teams; it prevents kids becoming obese and nurtures talent. I think about 80% of Norwegian boys play, and quite a few girls too. The only problem is that once they turn about 13-14, there's not enough support for our talent.

Thats something Scotland could look to learn from. Sounds like a great set up and like u said keeps the kids healthy so is good all round.

Motherwell, Dundee United and Hibs all have a good chance of making it into the Group stages of the Europa League.(its not impossible) If they did then this would do wonders for the SPL and Scottish football. The national team dose have options, mainly thanks to the youth set ups of SPL clubs! 2012 qualification will again do wonders for us, but we need to get behind the team and believe!

The scouting system.
Scottish Youth football is always scouting strong, tall players who can't kick the ball.
Basically a lot of Lee McCulloch's.

to be pedantic, thats coaching not scouting :)

Get some decent players and make sure that the biggest teams in the league don't go out in the qualifiers of the champions league...

Being a hardcore Scotland fan i watch, or go to every game i can.
I can safely say i haven’t watched an SPL game for nearly 5years.