Scottish League & League Cup Reconstruction

broxi713

Reaction score
I've had an Idea about the scottish football set up and really need someone who knows the editor inside out ( unlike meoO)) who is willing to give it a go.

I'm Looking at a 16-10-10-10 league set up

SPL =15 FIXTURES X2
16 TOP REP CLUBS

DIV 1 =9 FIXTURES X4
NEXT 10 REP CLUBS

DIV 2 =9 FIXTURES X4
NEXT 10 REP CLUBS

DIV 3 =9 FIXTURES X4
NEXT 6 REP CLUBS +
COVE RANGERS
SPARTANS
AUCHINLECK TALBOT
IRVINE MEADOW

For the League Cup I'd hope for a champion league format

8 GROUPS OF 4 TEAMS PLAYING 3 HOME & 3 AWAY TIES, with top 8 SPL clubs ranked in pot 1 of draw, bottom 8 SPL clubs ranked in pot 2 of draw.

that would leave the 30 lower league teams + an additional 2 teams (maybe OLD FIRM COLTS if possible) to battle it out in an in a 2 legged tie to qualify for group stage.

top 2 teams from each group qualify for last 16,then winners in last 8 then winners in semi (all over 2 leg ties) teams qualify for final is a straight shootout 1 leg final.

SCOTTISH CUP SHOULD REMAIN THE SAME FORMAT.

Can anyone possibly do this or am I living in a dream world,

thanks for any replies in advance broxi713

Liked the idea of the champions league style cup so I took on the challenge.

Just testing it now, I'll get it hosted once I know there are no issues.

Couple of issues with seeding for the cup competitions, Scottish cup came out back to front somehow.

I'll get there soon :)

Really didn't think I'd get any takers on this request, I'll be giving this a go straight away. Thanks alot mate :)

Scottish cup is missing the Juniors due to the 4 teams added to the league, and will have some non-SFA members (this was causing the seeding problems).

Couldn't get the Colt teams working, it kept forcing Rangers and Celtic first teams into the qualifying round and putting the Colts in the group stage for the league cup, so i opted for 2 Highland teams instead like they have in the Challenge Cup (again, can't guarantee SFA members only).

Otherwise should be pretty close.

Had a feeling the colts teams would be a problem, but so far it looks like you have done a magic job

Only thing I've spotted is that I've missed TV dates for the SPL. That's a quick fix though, nothing major.

Thanks for the positives :)

Only thing I've spotted is that I've missed TV dates for the SPL. That's a quick fix though, nothing major.

Thanks for the positives :)

I never noticed the TV dates but now that you mention it.... doesn't take anything away from the good job that youv'e done.

Ive set up a 5 leagues of 16. Similair playoffs to the English leagues. I got rid of the Scottish league cup altogether and made the Scottish cup into a full season tournament like the champions league. Also increased Prize and TV money as well as making future youngsters better. Been playing for a couple of months now and all seems to be running ok. If anyone wants to give it a go then let me know

Ive set up a 5 leagues of 16. Similair playoffs to the English leagues. I got rid of the Scottish league cup altogether and made the Scottish cup into a full season tournament like the champions league. Also increased Prize and TV money as well as making future youngsters better. Been playing for a couple of months now and all seems to be running ok. If anyone wants to give it a go then let me know

sounds good, upload it mate & I'll give it a go

Download the file i linked in that message
Save the .xml file into:

C:/Users/<Your Username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2013/editor data/

Create the editor data folder if it's not there already

Run FM13, start a new career game (won't work with FMC mode)

When it asks you to select the database, tick the box in the bottom right of the pop up

On the next screen make sure there is a ticked box to the left of the file you just downloaded

Then choose the leagues you want and off you go.