kjeffiE

Reaction score
Hi. I'm in 2014-2015 season on my Arsenal save and need a good deep. lying forward. Tried Benzema and Neymar but they were way too expensive. I noticed Aguero was available for 280-320 mill from one of my scouts (he's not transferlisted btw) but he only has 3 stars now, both abilities now + potential. Aguero's stats is pure gold, but I dont know how why he only has 3 stars, so I'm unsure if I should buy him or not. 3 star rating might have something to do with him being injured like 7 months last season, but should I not buy him now since all my scouts give him 3 rating?

The star system is not how good he is as such, but how important and good he is in relation to your squad and club status. Think of it as a tool to see what kind of Squad Status he would have in your team ( 3 stars in a big squad= rotation , 4= First tem etc ). This means that if getting all the best players in the world together in one club( with the highest reputation in the world), almost all players would have 3 stars as none of them are more important to the team than the other.

This is a common missunderstanding amongst users, but like written, it jut about his importance to the team in generall and his future rating, how important he would be if already being to his best( same CA as PA). Personally, I use this tool when looking at the wage structure. Naturally, the rating does not tell you everything as a players with specific competence can be invaluable to a team without having more than 3 stars, but its a good start.

The star system is not how good he is as such, but how important and good he is in relation to your squad and club status. Think of it as a tool to see what kind of Squad Status he would have in your team ( 3 stars in a big squad= rotation , 4= First tem etc ). This means that if getting all the best players in the world together in one club( with the highest reputation in the world), almost all players would have 3 stars as none of them are more important to the team than the other.

This is a common missunderstanding amongst users, but like written, it jut about his importance to the team in generall and his future rating, how important he would be if already being to his best( same CA as PA). Personally, I use this tool when looking at the wage structure. Naturally, the rating does not tell you everything as a players with specific competence can be invaluable to a team without having more than 3 stars, but its a good start.

Thanks. Great answer! But since it works like this, isn't it odd Benzema is getting 4,5 stars while Aguero gets 3? I'd say none of those are better than one another, but Aguero having 3 stars while other top strikers like Higuain, Benzema, Falcao etc is getting 4,5 is kinda odd if we're using your (looks correct) theory.

You said he had been out for 7 months, are you sure some off his imports stats have not dropped ? ( like pace, acceleration , agility, composure)

I would agree that 4.5 for Benzema sounds really high though.

You said he had been out for 7 months, are you sure some off his imports stats have not dropped ? ( like pace, acceleration , agility, composure)

I would agree that 4.5 for Benzema sounds really high though.

Surely it depends on the strikers he already has at the club though? As if he doesn't have many good strikers then benzema would be better compared to them? But no idea about aguero being a 3 star unless his stats have dropped?

When I wrote this thread I took a glance at his stats thinking they were the same, saw 18 dribbling etc. But I've looked at his stat again and it's quite possible they've dropped. Finishing 15, composure 14, pace, 17 acceleration, 17, creativity 14, pass 14 etc. Feel like I've made a fool of myself now lol, but thanks for explaining. I'll probably go all in on Benzema.

Surely it depends on the strikers he already has at the club though? As if he doesn't have many good strikers then benzema would be better compared to them? But no idea about aguero being a 3 star unless his stats have dropped?

Yes, that's what my first post was all about. I just assumed he had good strikers and maybe I don't value( read: don't really remember his stats) Benzema that high.

Yes, that's what my first post was all about. I just assumed he had good strikers and maybe I don't value( read: don't really remember his stats) Benzema that high.

Fair enough, I think his stats are quite high on the game. Possibly the injury to aguero is what caused it? anyways not 100% sure as to why unless thats the case.