flik

Reaction score
ok so if this has been covered elsewhere my apologies,

Iv played FM since CM and just got proper p****d of after winning the league with Man U I decided to heavily invest in my defence. Otamendi 37m & Carvajal 34.5m.

scout reports (used lawlor as I know he is 1 of the best and scouted to 100% etc)

both 4 star current ability compared with Rafael & Jones both next best at 2.5 stars.

a week later Rafael is still 2.5 stars (RB) & Jones is 3 stars (CB), Carvajal is 2 stars (RB) and Otamendi has fallen to 2 stars (CB) and now sits 5th in the pecking order behind Jones, Rojo & Dede and on a par with Smalling.

anybody had this? I thought it was my changing of assistant but...

I also thought perhaps its because my midfield & Att is 4 stars but Iv got Luke Shaw sitting pretty on 3.5 stars.

to say the least I'm feeling like I should be sacking someone if not resigning!

any feedback much appreciated.

stars only rate compared to your squad, you invested heavily so the rating of '5 star best' is higher, so ranking wills be effected. Think of it like this, if you bought Milner for Dagnham 5 star player, sign him for Madrid 2 star. The star rating/pecking order is based on the players in your squads current form/ability/divison etc. It'll prob change throughout the season as player s come into and out of form and newer players are signed/sold.

I appreciate and fully understand the whole star rating applicable to team & league etc.

According to all MY non scouting staff my defence were 2.5* at best, which my actual scout team appeared to concur with having given them similar rating in comparison to Otamendi & Carvajal who they gave 4*.

For them to drop 2* in CA after signing (after being fully scouted) seems ridiculous! - they are after all joining Man Utd, not...there is no "not"! Man U a fan or not are on a par with the top teams!

now: in comparison effect, my scout says Otamendi is 1.5 star better than Jones but after signing him my AM says Jones is better by 1.5 stars. and similar for Carvajal.

If I were a "mid table" team say Everton I fully agree that the players I had already would then see a * decrease its completely understandable, but as said this is Man U and the 2 signings in questions are 2 of the best defenders in the game. for Luke Shaw to remain at 3.5*

I hope this makes sense :)

I appreciate and fully understand the whole star rating applicable to team & league etc.

According to all MY non scouting staff my defence were 2.5* at best, which my actual scout team appeared to concur with having given them similar rating in comparison to Otamendi & Carvajal who they gave 4*.

For them to drop 2* in CA after signing (after being fully scouted) seems ridiculous! - they are after all joining Man Utd, not...there is no "not"! Man U a fan or not are on a par with the top teams!

now: in comparison effect, my scout says Otamendi is 1.5 star better than Jones but after signing him my AM says Jones is better by 1.5 stars. and similar for Carvajal.

If I were a "mid table" team say Everton I fully agree that the players I had already would then see a * decrease its completely understandable, but as said this is Man U and the 2 signings in questions are 2 of the best defenders in the game. for Luke Shaw to remain at 3.5*

I hope this makes sense :)

It'll prob change throughout the season as player s come into and out of form and newer players are signed/sold.

o.png