Sexifier

Reaction score
I found a few regens on my save that according to my scouts who have 18 Judging Potential Ability, they have 5* and have the potential to become good Premier League players. One of my coaches, who has 16 JPA, gives the same report. However, after I've signed them, the same coach reports that they only have 4* or 4 1/2* potential. Should I be worried?

No. Remember that all reports are subject to your team and quality already and yes the scouts abilities come into it but you need to use your own judgement. I always look for some stand out stats in regens even if they are 15,16ish.

For example a def mid I want to see some stats higher than 12 in tackling or marking and some mental ones like teamwork.

If my scout says they are 5 star and their stats are all 10 and under I don't buy. I always feel you need something there to begin with to train and develop. So I look for some good stand out ones, not to say they are the finished article yet.

The further you go into the game the more choose there is to scout and pluck!!

You stay classy......

All right mate thanks a lot. I'm unsure too because I've actually just promoted into League 2 so most of the players are ****. haha.

Scout reports are a good way to filter out players that have no potential and would be a waste of time pursuing. But then you really need to decide for yourself if they are worth a punt.
Mental attributes like Work rate and determination help them to improve more in training.