Scouting and how to read the recommendation stars etc.

ironii

Reaction score
So, I got this great group of scouts all over the world turning in suggestions and recommendations.
But how do I actually read them?
Example: 3-4 big clubs are looking in to signing Ola Toivonen, but when I scout him I can't understand why. Get about 3 stars from my scouts, but there are still teams like PSG and Arsenal after this dude.
How do I choose my players? I have the possibility to chose a five star player, but if big teams still chose 3 stars for their start 11, do I need to rethink?
Tell me the secrets of how to read the scouts recommendations and choose the right players.

Stars really mean very little. I was in need of a right back in my 3rd season for Arsenal (Sagna had declined a lot from injury) and I picked up Jorge Fucile who was the best option I could find as far as attributes. My scouts said he was 2.5 stars but he averaged 7.36 as my main starter for the season, including an 8.0 against ManU in the crucial game at the end of the season for the title, where he got the lone assist and we won. So yeah, stars don't mean too much

Always look for the right attributes. I always seach for a spesific group of attributes and pick out the one with best rating and have the attributes im looking for.

stars are there to see his potential but what good does potential when he dont have the right attributes?

So I suggest to advance seach and pick out 4-5 attributes. This has worked great for me.

Here is how I look for defender to potetialy play for my first team:
View attachment 351149

If your looking for a youngster you do the same just lower the age and the attributes to 11 or so. depending on how old he is.

Last edited:
Great answers!
I just have to put in more work when searching for the right players then.
Stop fixing my eyes on the stars all the time.
What are "good ratings" then? Do they have to be above 15 or do the good quality come around 13 mabey?
Where do the line go? What is above and what is not?

Great answers!
I just have to put in more work when searching for the right players then.
Stop fixing my eyes on the stars all the time.
What are "good ratings" then? Do they have to be above 15 or do the good quality come around 13 mabey?
Where do the line go? What is above and what is not?

Good ratings depends totaly on age, what position and attribute your looking for. if you look at the pic above im seaching for mainabilitys to be "12" but you always want a mature player to have atleast 15, but its very rare to find a defender with all the "main" attributes over 15. So I seach for 12 then look over the seach result and look to find one that has most of my main attributes highest as possible.

Knowing what attribute is importent is very important here. So back to the first answere seaching for the right attributes is important. Tackling and Marking dont need to be to high if the defender got great consentration and positioning.
A defender wont do a great tackle if he can't concentrate or position him self right.

So the most important thing here is to know what attribute to look for and it to be as high as possible

Thx so much Muncie!
This will help alot I belive.