Lyambradley

Reaction score
I've never been able to grasp it.

I'm currently manager of Bournemouth in 2020 after starting in Conf. National with Forest Green. Since I got the job at Bournemouth (who have extensive scouting network) and I've now got the best scouts in the league.

I set up assignments which are ongoing looking for hot prospects, they never seem to bring up anybody. I have changed the star ratings at the top etc and still it never proves any use. I got to the point where I click the world icon at the top of the screen and go to the Youth Intake page every month and I get a scout report of every possible regen that comes into the game. This is lonnnnnnnng winded and takes ages trawling through all the reports.

I look at teams like Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal etc and see 16y/o players in there U18's which they have purchased whether for £1.2m or £375K from different teams.

Why can't I find these kind of players through my scouting? What am I doing wrong?

If you want to target the regens population, you need to be more specific than just having a roaming scout. That CAN work, but unless they are specifically instructed, they may not be looking at exactly what you want them to looking for at exactly the right time. Because when they are just on assignment, you cannot assign them to look for brand-new regens. That has to be more manually.

AI clubs do have a bit of an advantage. I've often seen them already coveting a brand new regen on the day the game generated them, whereas I've cheated and used a scouting tool to find them. That said, some of the high potential young players they have that came from other clubs may not have actually been transferred. Regens will sometimes be generated with a "backstory" of sorts - they will show a transfer between clubs that happened before the player was even generated into the game world. But its not really the AI club "stealing" your youth player before they are in the game - its just giving a bit of depth and realism, as there are youth players who move clubs at 13, 14, or 15 years old. So just because the player history shows that the player moved clubs doesn't mean they were actually transferred - you can check the transfer history of the clubs to see for sure.

Now to target regens, you want to find efficiency and create some sort of system. It can still be a lengthy process. I would probably start by targeting clubs with the best youth systems. Not youth training facilities, but the actual youth setup. You can click around in game to find those or look up lists online. Target those clubs first, as they have the highest probability of generating the best youth prospects. Look for newly generated players listed as a clubs top prospect on the club page. Look for players who are already called into the national youth setups (less likely in for English youth but more possibly for Welsh, Irish, Northern Irish, etc). Look for players wanted by other bigger clubs. Don't simply mass scout the entire youth intake of the country - that will take too long to generate results. focus the search first. Then go wider.

And depending on the Brexit vote you get (and which country you're playing in, obviously) - it may not matter because you won't be able to sign any kids anyway...

Have a look on ytube there are loads of vids/guide on regen scouting