xxlin

Reaction score
Hi,

Any links to read more on scouting?? I assign my scouts to scout for next opposition, but the report is so vague. No reports on dangerman, playing style etc. I am sure not due to scouting knowledge as the scouts are pretty good.

And how does the chief scout act in tandem with all my scouts??

What is a good way to assign the scouts??

I've a similar problem. Into my third season now. First two seasons the opposition scouting report was much more in depth and included their recommendations as to which match preparation I should use.

Now into my third season and all of a sudden the opposition report has become rather vague. I have not changed any scouting assignments and my chief scout (who I've not changed over the summer) is still compiling the opposition reports this season as well as last.

So the question is, how can we get the in depth opposition reports back?!

check that your assistant hasn't assigned the scout to do something else as well as that has happened to me before stretching capabilities. if that isn't the problem try changing the scout who creates the report making sure they have good tactical knowledge. if you have been promoted the level of football may be too much for the scout.

none of these are guaranteed fixes or the even the root problem, just some things i think may impact it

Hi,

Any links to read more on scouting?? I assign my scouts to scout for next opposition, but the report is so vague. No reports on dangerman, playing style etc. I am sure not due to scouting knowledge as the scouts are pretty good.

And how does the chief scout act in tandem with all my scouts??

What is a good way to assign the scouts??

the chief scout oversees the scouting operation summarizing each scouts reports before presenting them to you on a monthly or bi-weekly basis. i allow my chief scout to organise all my scouting (purely as i don't want to be bogged down with it all) but it isn't the most beneficial way. the idea is to send scouts everywhere to build the best knowledge of the world so in the player search function more players appear to choose the right one from.

personally i would send 3/4 to each continent, taking them off roaming, and have a few scouting key tournements and competitions. i.e. u19 euro championships, league below the one playing in, if in champs league scout europa league