Scouting Question - some players not with club despite no transfer?

Reaction score
I've been trying to find and scout the following players (amongst others) and cannot find them on their respective club team or in their national team pool:
-Luan, Gremio, ST/AMR/AML
-Mahmoud Dahoud, BMG, MC
-Mayke, Cruzeiro, RB
-Cubas, Boca Jrs, DM
-Pavon, Boca Jrs, AM

They are not listed on their current club's roster and haven't been transferred, and also cannot be found on their respective national teams at any level. Could this be because of the database size I chose when i started the save?

They are not listed on their current club's roster and haven't been transferred, and also cannot be found on their respective national teams at any level. Could this be because of the database size I chose when i started the save?

Yes. Depending on the database size certain players won't load, even with a Large database you should be adding as many leagues as possible to allow for a realistic experience of playing and to allow youngsters like these appear in game

Yes. Depending on the database size certain players won't load, even with a Large database you should be adding as many leagues as possible to allow for a realistic experience of playing and to allow youngsters like these appear in game

So am I basically completely unable to find them at any point? Or would the appear later in the game after a few seasons, when they're maybe getting regular international caps or getting interest from European clubs, etc.?

No, they won't appear.

If you want certain players in your save make sure you include the league they are playing in.