scouts have completely different views

kingtut313

Reaction score
on a few players in my reserves there is a huge discrepancy on ability

scouts with the (defending) next to their name are rating the defensive players higher and the attacking players lower
scouts with the (attacking) next to their name are rating the attacking players higher and the defending players lower
my assistant manager, who is admittedly pretty weak, will give a rating in between

some of the ratings differences are pretty radical (4.5 stars compared to 2 stars) so i would like to know who i should believe (based on other factors) or is there another way to determine a more realistic rating

on a few players in my reserves there is a huge discrepancy on ability

scouts with the (defending) next to their name are rating the defensive players higher and the attacking players lower
scouts with the (attacking) next to their name are rating the attacking players higher and the defending players lower
my assistant manager, who is admittedly pretty weak, will give a rating in between

some of the ratings differences are pretty radical (4.5 stars compared to 2 stars) so i would like to know who i should believe (based on other factors) or is there another way to determine a more realistic rating

Are you sure they are scouts, and not coaches that specialize in attacking and defending? That might be the reason why they favor players in that particular area. As the coach in defending will look at the attributes relevant to defending, and base his opinion on those ratings, in which case the attacking player will have a considerably lower overall rating. Same applies to the attacking coach. Basically the defending coach is saying that the attacking player is bad at defending and vice versa.

Judging Player Ability and Judging Player Potential is what really matters. Personally, I don't bother with team reports unless my assistant manager or one of the coaches has JPA & JPP rating of at least 16.

If you don't have an assistant manager or coach with high JPA & JPP stats then the only thing I can suggest, other than analyzing the stats yourself, is doing a player comparison, which will give you an idea of the players current ability.

yes i meant to say they are my coaches
the attacking coaches love the attacking players, hate the defenders, etc.

ok i should just basically take their star ratings with a grain of salt and analyze the attributes myself then

yes i meant to say they are my coaches
the attacking coaches love the attacking players, hate the defenders, etc.

ok i should just basically take their star ratings with a grain of salt and analyze the attributes myself then

Star Ratings CAN help but are by no means the be all, end all, of what you should base a player on. Look at attributes yourself, and determine how good that person will be in the role you're going to play them in.