Scouts opinion on players potential.

neomoppy

Reaction score
I have some questions regarding scouts ratings of players.
If you scount a player in a Lesser Country and he comes back as 1 star Current, and 3 star potential, are these fixed based on his stats?
So for example if he moves a week later from this lesser country to a Major country without any stats improving, would his current and potential still be the same 1 and 3 stars, or would they increase?

If it would increase would it purely depend upon the Nations "ranking", or does the League in said nation also come into play.

I am trying to figure out if scounts opinion on potential is based on how good he could get stayng at his current club, rather then how good he could be if he reaches his full potential.

I have seen some Regens who's stats look fairly decent considering their age, but when I scount them they come back at like 3 stars potential.

If the current club does effect potential ability, does anyone have a rule of thumb list of Country's top divisions and the estimate effect of potential if moving to one of the better nations (England Spain and any others you could suggest?)

Something like England potential ability (+0 stars)
Peru PA (+0-0.5 stars better)
China PA (+0-2.5 stars better)
Ivory Coast (+0-1.0 stars better)

It shouldnt really matter which club they are at, because they compare thier potential to a role in you team. For example the scout may say this player has the potential to be regarded as a key member of the first-team.

Also a the more you play youngsters they can achieve/become greater than you first though, its happened to me alot. Thier ability will change through training obviously.

On the other hand I have had regens with 4 star potential but sometimes they just dont reach that level, maybe because I havemt given them the game time or maybe because a series of injuries hampered thier development.

So trust what your scouts say....and give them as much game time as you can

i think, if there stats look fairly decent, but dont have a high potential raiting, it means that there current ability is pretty close to there potential ability, whereas if it say 1 star, but potential of 4, then there is going to be a huge difference between what they are currently like and what they will become.

Also, remember the quality of your scouts effects the reports they give, so a **** scout will have a margain of error in the ratings he gives, while a 20/20 scout will be much closer to what there actual potential ability is, though I do believe no scout will ever be 100% accurate.

hope this helps, I'm sure someone will be able to give you more info on this

I read somewhere that African Regens with say 3 stars can sometimes turn out to be Wonderkids. I think it was in the Comlete Regen/Newgen post.