scruffy_bear

Reaction score
Scruff's Amazing Home & Away (Update 15.2.0)

I've update my tactics for the new update 15.2.0. Now I went 59 games unbeaten until the champion league final where I lost to Barcelona in penalties.

Results

Tactics

There 3 tactics to use first is home use for home matches where your favourite or similar. Can also be use when you need a goal or favourites away?

Next is away it used for away matches, also used for home matches when against bigger team and also should be used when 2 or more up when using home.

Drop is used when team playing long balls also useful when defending a lead tho I like away better for that but up to you.

Match Preparation

Per-season: Set to match tactics until fluid

Season: Def. set pieces as default, then change it based on your next opponent.

Training: Set players to roles

Opposition Instructions

I've set up OI instructions for wide players, for the centre players you can ask your assistant manager or if you know what you’re doing you can do it yourself. There's helpful guides on OI below.

OI Guides

Opposition Instructions | Football Manager 2015 Guide

How to win Possession - Adapting The Match Tactic | Passion for Football Manager

Using Opposition Instructions to Solve Tactical problems | Playing Between The Lines.

Last edited:
just downloaded the tactics and since im half way though a season there almost fluid, I must say they ok good! ill update after my first few games.

Playing this with sporting Lisbon played 5 games and just can't get it to work, 1st game wasn't fluid but the rest were played benfic a at home and dominated 2-1 benfic a scored last minute through a defensive error, then played Shakhtar at home got beat 3-1 and played really poor, then played a relegation side away in the league and got beat 1 nil and I completely dominated, then played a second division side in the cup and won 3-1 quite comfortable, then played sparta prague away from home and got beat 1 nil which I had the better of the stats,

Just can't get it to work all 3 formations are fluid training what it says to train and team cohesion to get the players to work for the team any help?

What tactic are you using the most, also are you setting OI. Also what your team moral like.

Well on home games I use home and away I use away, OI I leave to assistant and my morale is a mix of fairly good good and superb

Home uses a higher defence line so teams maybe exploit the space behide if attacking players are getting behide your defence use away or drop. Are you updated your assistant instruction during a match also set close down all centre midfielders in OI should help

I'll set the instructions you put up see if that helps and I have Chelsea at home coming up so will use the drop tactic played brags at home and won convincingly 4-1 then won against a mid table at home 5 nil so the results are coming in fine at home just need to find out what's happening away from home! But I do like this tactic false 9 is doing wonders for me! Montero tearing it up!!!!

Try drop away from home as AI maybe using long balls. False 9 is key part of the tactic

So I played the drop tactic in the next game which was away from home against the team in 3rd so was no easy match and it showed in the first half long balls flying over the defence shot after shot so I changed it up a bit at half time being 1 nil down I pushed the defence up and played the offside trap and it worked we got our way back into the match and was an even game 1-1 then the hard game against Chelsea at home playing the drop tactic with the 2 changes and we demolished Chelsea 3 nil absolutely dominated them so ill try using that away from home from now on

Scruff what OI's did you use for the center players? Or did you just leave it as you did in the OI picture you put up?