Status
Not open for further replies.

emoasyou

Reaction score
Starting a new game as Brighton as i lost my Newcastle save and the last story was too time consuming.

Using 12.2.2 database, no editing
Amateur reputation

Story will be of monthly updates, which will include match analysis.

Team overview to follow

As Brighton Manager i quickly decided to send back all loan players as to become a successful team i believe its important to do this without loaning anyone so.

Gonzalla Jara, Joe, Mattock and sam Vokes all go back to their respective clubs. After looking at the team ive decided to play

3 center backs. A anchor man just in front, with a ball winning midfield and Deep advanced playmaker in front of the anchor man, 2 wingers and a attack midfieder with a lone poacher in stirker role.

this will be a balanced tactic with normal width, and pushing deep with a slow methodical pace.

'So as i have decided to not play any wing back's i have decided to sell Inigo Calderon to free up some funds for a new anchor man. i have also decided to sell Gary dicker to free up funds for a new center defender.

Team and position analysis.

2 goal keepers. i believe i have 2 strong goal keepers able to challenge each other for a spot in the first team. Casper Ankergen and Peter Brezovan. i decided to play Ankergen as first team player and used him against my subs in a friendly with my reserves he made 2 bad efforts 2 save and conceded 2 soft goals which results in him being dropped and Brezovan being first choice.

Brezovan is 31 years of age and will only be a viable number 1 for a few season's and i may have to result to buying a replacement if Ankergen isnt up to the job. Brezovan as great skills in Aerial abilty jumping and Command of area and makes for a reliable goal keeper. he does however lack in the skills of rushing out and this coud be an issue worth keeping an eye on.

Ankergen is also 31 so both keepers are winding down and a good young keeper for backup will be needed i have decided to offer for jamal blackman from chelsea as he is a good young prospect and on sale for 50k. Ankergen as good shot stopping skills as his reflexes are really good but lacks in aeiral ability.

In defense i have Gordon Greer, Lewis Dunk and Marcos Painter

at 30 years old with 17 influence Greer is very reliable at the back and as good strength, jumping and natural fitness which should make him very reliable indeed. Greer injured for 3 to 4 months 2 new defenders will need bringing in.

Lewis dunk is very young and a good prospect with the ability to start his development into a first team player straight away. He is one of the few players with true quality and could be great in the premier league.

Marcos Painter is a reliable defender and will be a good sub as i look to find a new player for the first team.

Will look at Alex Bruce and Gleen Loovens with Loovens being a possible first team Central defender.

Adam El Adpt also looks a reliable defender but he is injured for 3 months

Also have youngester grant halll who could be a good player in future and will be given first team opportunities this season with Greer and Adpt out injured.

Gleen Loovens acceoted offer but failed a medical so will look for a new defender instead of him.

Alan Navarro is my current Anchor man he is a reliable sub but dont think i can depend on him for first team choice so i will look for a new anchor man in the transfer market.

Offered for Eggert Johnnson from wolves will become an isntant first team player and could be a quality anchorman for the club will keep you informed of developments,

in the central midfield role. i have 2 great young prosepcts in Liam Bridcutt deep lying playmaker and Jake Forster Caskey in adavanced playmaker support both of these will be great prospects in the future for the premier league also.

Alan Navarro and Matt Sparrow can both other cover for the midfield role and of course Vicente my best player can move their if needed.

Vicente will play just behind the striker in attack midfield with Will Buckley, Craig Noone and Ashley Barnes providing cover.

Will Buckley wil play out on the left wing with a right wing cover neeeded to be signed. Lua Lua can cover if needed. With Noone going into left wing or vicente can also.

Lua Lua will be used for the left wing.

Craig Mckail Smith will be the lone stiker as he is a great player and should cope in the lone role effeicently with Roland Bergkamp as cover. Ahsley Barnes also if needed.

In all i believe i have suffiecent strength in depth in most of positions could use a new anchor man and 2 defense midfielder who i have made offeres for and also a right winger. A young poacher would also be a good transfer.

Last edited:
New signings made.

Eggert Johnsson anchor man
Alex Bruce central defender back up
Miles Adisson First team Central Defender
Jamie Proctor Backup Stiker Prospect
Jamal Blackman Backup Keeker prospect
Gael Bigirimana advanced playmaker prospect
View attachment 266271

Tream report

View attachment 266272

Last edited:
Bigirimana is a beast, signed him for Crawley on a save for the same amount. Next season Novara bid £1.2M and my board accepted :(

August Update

August results

Brigthon 2 Painter (49) (72)– Barnsley 1 Dawson (30)

After going 1-0 down to a Tonge screamer that was poked in by Stephan Dawson the team responded after the break with a dogged defensive performance topped by two corners headed home by a hugely impressive Marcos Painter.
The rest of the team were very average and will need to perform with Craig Mckail Smith hugely disappointing.

League cup 1st​ round

Brighton 3 Barnes (1) Mackail-Smith (3) Proctor (90+2)– Plymouth 0

A match that was over after the 3 minute Plymouth never looked to score and kept a lot of possession in the middle of the pitch. The match would have finished with a lot more goals if the first 3 minuets were anything to go by but Navarro was sent off in the 27th​ minute. This let Pymouth hold on till the 92nd​ minute when MOM Noone broke down the left and crossed in to Proctor who stabbed it home in plenty of space. In all an efficient performance see’s us through to the second round.

Drawn to Liverpool in the second round

Watford 0 – Brighton 1 Addison (59)

In what was billed as a close game Watford would just about win Brighton put in a sturdy performance were Addison was the best player on the pitch with great defensive worked capped by a goal from a Vicente corner. The game was very boring and not going to win any awards for entertainment, Brighton just about edged it and the 1-0 win was about right. Dunk and Painter were great too the defensive display here was solid.

Brighton 3 Mackail-Smith (45+2) (74) Lua Lua (57) – Coventry 1 Blackman (33)

In what was billed a close affair it was disappointing to concede a goal in the 33rd​ minute from a corner as we have looked very strong in set piece situations attacking and defensively. The match in the end though was all Mackail-Smith who was immense though out. A equalizer just before half time was a great way to set the stadium a light braking through even though the defensive line was trying to catch him offside, his run timed to perfection. The second half very much run by Brighton who looked to have come alive after the break managers words really got them going. Lua Lua broke through well and slid home the second. Coventry never looked like winning this and didn’t look like they would find an equalizer. Mackail-Smith finished it off on 74 with a great finish into the bottom left hand corner after a beautifully timed and waited pass from Forster Cskey to split the defence open. In the end it was a good team performance topped by a brilliant goal scorng display by the amazing Mackail- Smith.

Crystal Palace 2 – Brighton 0

In a very poor derby game Palace just about edged it in the final 3rd​ in the second half and brighton were poor defensively the second goal by scannel was marginally offside though.

Signed Paul Dawning and James Wallace on free

League cup Second round

Brighton 1 Vicente (21 pen) - Liverpool 5

In Match glen Johnson was amazing in Liverpool won resoundingly after Marcos Painter was sent off just after the break. The first half was a tale if 2 pens to begin with one in the 2nd​ minute and another in the 21st​ Brighton looked to have done enough to go in level at half time until Glen Johnson found downing in ackers of space with a great cross. Shortly after half time Painter was sent off and it went from bad to worse with gen Johnson setting up Dempsey and scoring himself after hitting the bar twice he put in the rebound at the 3rd​ time of asking. He finished it off with a ball inside that was turned in by Bigirimana for an own goal.

Brigthon 0 – Peterborough 1

In another poor game Brighton defended poorly from another set piece that was put in by boyd to concede the only goal of the match this was a terrible performance and the team must do better.

An indifferent month started off really well beating Barnsley, Plymouth Watford and Coventry convincingly but started to struggle when we played Palace in the first derby match of my reign. Getting Liverpool in the league cup was disappointing and they played nearly a full strength team and really put us under pressure in the second half. Happy to be in the top half of the table but would have liked to finish with a win against Peterborough. Will have to turn it around on the 10th​ of September against Derby

The best performer of the month was young central defender grant hall

Results and Fixtures

View attachment 266390

League table

View attachment 266391

End of month transfers

View attachment 266392

September update to follow soon

wont be carrying this on as my save corrupted again grr reinstalled and things seem ok now though

Status
Not open for further replies.