Second part of the season issues...

Acid

Reaction score
Hi, For the second time, I'm leading the league until January and during the second half of the season, I start drawing and loosing against weak teams... Can someone tell me if it's a tactical problem? Or a training problem? Thanks.

Are you playing in England, with our mad Christmas/New Year programme and 83 matches crammed into January?

I've experienced that problem and overcome it. The answers are:

1. Improve the quality of your squad (which I assume you're doing anyway, each summer)
2. Establish a large squad of players so that you have two players for every position plus a few additional "versatiles" and a handful of decent youth players who can do a job from time-to-time (remember U21s and youth players don't have to be registered)
3. Rotate players constantly throughout the season - don't have any favourites
4. Use the Private Chat function after matches to reward individual performances of 7.6 or higher and criticise those of 5.9 or lower, to achieve and maintain positive morale throughout your squad
5. Use the U21 and U18 teams to keep players match fit when they're not involved with the first team, so they are ready and raring to go when you do want to put them in
6. Mix up your tactics to keep the opposition guessing and to provide in-match alternatives: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ics/158222-you-need-more-than-one-tactic.html

Training also has to be modified throughout the season.

If you have a lot of games in Janyary as rocheyb says, you should lower the training charge at the end of December...

Thanks guys! But I have been experiencing this in Germany. So there is a long break of one month... I've put some friendly games, but maybe there is something to do with the training? For the two last seasons, I've been leading easily before the break and then struggling the second half. Even when I manage to boost the team with the talks, I keep getting bad results agains weak teams.