Second Season in Arsenal after a 5th place... Help

Jhonyb

Reaction score
Hello

So i just made a season online with friends (Arsenal) and i finished in 5th, i was winning alot of games until the january market where i went overboard and bought alot of players and that plummeted my team into oblivion.
So i want to make some tactical changes to take the best out of my new players and i want to play fast attractive, attacking football (like the Henry times)

So my tactical design will be like this:

CF (A
W (S) - AP (A - RMD (A
DLP (D) - BWM (S)
WB (S) - D (D) - D (D) - FB (S)

And the team is this:

Lewandosky \ Wellbeck
Draxler \ Depay -- Ozil \ Canales -- Sanchez \ Wallcott
Javi Martinez \ Ramsey - Strootman \ Wilshere
Rodriguez \ Gibbs -- Doria\Mertesacker\Matip\Koscielny -- De Sciglio\Chambers

Team instructions:

Attacking - Fluid

Work Ball into the Box
Whipped Crosses
Push Higher Up
Close Down More
Stay on feet
Use Offside Trap
Higher Tempo

Last edited:
Very nice team you have there mate!

I'd go

-----------------F9-------------------- The player will still score goals, but will open up space for the inside forwards to cut in

IF-------------SS-------------------W(s) The shadow striker will get in behind defense and the IF will cut through on goal. the winger will stay out wide offering another option when the others can't get thorugh

---------AP(s)---BWM(s)------------ Playmaker looks to pass forward, ball winner wins the ball and plays it close

WB(s)----CD(c)--CD(x)----------WB(s) Wingbacks will look to offer width. Stopper - cover partnership works well

Remove work ball in to the box, look to go more direct. Remove any crossing instructions, let the player decide the best pass.

For the BWM set his instructions to hold position and pass to close teammate.

WB run with ball and cross more often.

I play a similar system at United and its been brilliant. You have the players to do this. (don't worry about the winger, he will still get you plenty of goals as the other players will be dragging defenders away.

Hope this helps! And if you use it, let me know how you get on :)

Oh, and have mentality as standard until you see how the game is panning out. I generally don't go defensive, just go to attack if you're not getting enough chances.

Last edited:
Very nice team you have there mate!

I'd go

-----------------F9-------------------- The player will still score goals, but will open up space for the inside forwards to cut in

IF-------------SS-------------------W(s) The shadow striker will get in behind defense and the IF will cut through on goal. the winger will stay out wide offering another option when the others can't get thorugh

---------AP(s)---BWM(s)------------ Playmaker looks to pass forward, ball winner wins the ball and plays it close

WB(s)----CD(c)--CD(x)----------WB(s) Wingbacks will look to offer width. Stopper - cover partnership works well

Remove work ball in to the box, look to go more direct. Remove any crossing instructions, let the player decide the best pass.

For the BWM set his instructions to hold position and pass to close teammate.

WB run with ball and cross more often.

I play a similar system at United and its been brilliant. You have the players to do this. (don't worry about the winger, he will still get you plenty of goals as the other players will be dragging defenders away.

Hope this helps! And if you use it, let me know how you get on :)

Oh, and have mentality as standard until you see how the game is panning out. I generally don't go defensive, just go to attack if you're not getting enough chances.

Will Lewandosky be able to perform well in the F9 role??? and i ask this because i spent almost 100 million in him :p hahahaha and Ozil will be able to perform has a SS ??? the IF is Attack i presume ??? this are my only doubts

and you advice is this:

Standard - Fluid

Push Higher Up
Close Down More
Stay on feet
Use Offside Trap
Higher Tempo

??????????

and thx alot for the tips

I personally don't use an offside trap but have a few games and see if there are weaknesses.

I had RVP as false 9 and he was class every season. Can't see why Lewa cant do the same!

Shadow striker role worked well for Mata, Ozil is probably similar maybe with less finishing. Mind you, I used Dino Halilovic at 16 there and he was still brilliant every time he played!

If you like try an advanced playmaker attack there and change striker to deep lying forward

(yeah Depay on the left as inside forward attack will get you plenty of goals!)

Last edited:
I'll give it a try ;)

thx for the help... I will report later on