Four4Two

Reaction score
So as I embark on the last few remaining fixtures in my first season at the Toon ive got one eye firmly on next year. The season started well and the ultimate goal was to qualify for the CL. Throughout the year I was always lurking in and around the top four but injuries, bad form have cost me to drop out of the race for 4th. 5th to 7th is looking more realistic.

Now next season I don't expect to be given a war chest. I've already discarded most of the dead wood, Perch, Wilo, Ryan, Obertan, Marv, Jonas etc. Which surprisingly helped fund me the signing of Jovetic. I've also managed to keep in the core of my team. I play with a 4-2-3-1 System. The back four pretty much picks itself, Santoon and Debeauty on the flanks. I rotate Colo with Taylor beside Yanga Mbwiaaaaaaa. Now in midfield I have strength. Tiote, Moussain Sissoko, Diame (January buy) Anita and Yocabs. I don't really use Dreamboat in a CM position, I deploy him behind Cisse and he's been immense in terms of goals/assist. Now obviously my two biggest assets are Tiote and Yohan. Perhaps HBA can be added also. Im debating whether to sell either Cheick or Cabaye..Ive offered them both out, Tiote at the 20m mark but no real interest, a couple of lowball offers which didn't entice me. However Yohan is wanted by mega rich clubs..PSG and City. Both offering 28m ish. Now im thinking do I cash in on Cabaye and hopefully strengthen 2 or possibly 3 areas?

Upfront and in wide positions I lack quality/numbers. I've loaned the likes of Dempsey and Malouda and signed Tom Ince (whos still raw and hasn't put in one good performance) I've seen sum players such as griezmann transfer listed with capoue. Both who IMO would improve my team greatly. Capoue I know of irl (amazing potential) and can play in many positions. As for Griezmann he can offer class on the wing with Hatem and Perhaps play Jovetic more central? So what Im basically asking is, Should I keep Cabaye or try get top dollar and buy other players? ( recommendations appreciated)

if your gonna get anyone get griezmann as he top draw and if you get 30million for Cabaye then take it i say :)

or even train up adam campbell best prospect as newcastle aint he?

if your gonna get anyone get griezmann as he top draw and if you get 30million for Cabaye then take it i say :)

or even train up adam campbell best prospect as newcastle aint he?

Cheers, I've never signed him on this FM. Release clause is at 21m ish but they have him listed so perhaps try get him nearer to 15 million mark.

Adam is indeed a hot prospect. In real life and on the game, think he's 4star PA. When Cisse buggered off to the African cup I threw him in. Debut away to Chelsea. Banged in two and won the game haha, Then had Mufc next and he scored in a draw vs them. Has settled down since then. I only expect him to get better but to get top four next year I need more ready made players.

when I sold him during my newcastle game it crippled my team :/ ... managed to get around the £30m mark I think but nobody could really replace which forced me into changing my tactics.

if your doing well in the league/cups etc and only injuries really affected your final position ... why fix something that isn't broken?

when I sold him during my newcastle game it crippled my team :/ ... managed to get around the £30m mark I think but nobody could really replace which forced me into changing my tactics.

if your doing well in the league/cups etc and only injuries really affected your final position ... why fix something that isn't broken?

I see your point however on the flip side those teams who are above me now will only go on to improve again in the summer. Money wise they all blow me out of the water. Lets say Ashley gives me 10m to spend, That isn't going to buy me much. Is Cabaye really the difference between finishing 6th/7th or 4th?

If Cabaye is one of your key players than ye, id say he could be the difference between 6th/7th or 4th. But I understand what you mean about the teams above you having more money.

Has Andre Ayew gone anywhere yet? he can play as a central mid or winger and has been brilliant in every game I have signed him in... goes for around £15m usually... in Ayew you have 1 player for 2 positions and money left over to get a new playmaker... or how has anita come along? in my game I tried to move him into Cabaye's shadow.

If Cabaye is one of your key players than ye, id say he could be the difference between 6th/7th or 4th. But I understand what you mean about the teams above you having more money.

Has Andre Ayew gone anywhere yet? he can play as a central mid or winger and has been brilliant in every game I have signed him in... goes for around £15m usually... in Ayew you have 1 player for 2 positions and money left over to get a new playmaker... or how has anita come along? in my game I tried to move him into Cabaye's shadow.

Yeah Cabaye is. I've got him playing as an AP/attacking midfield just behind Papiss. 10+ goals and 12 assists in the PL. With Anita, Diame, Tiote, Sissoko and Vuckic Im pretty stacked with CM's. So a midfielder wouldn't be a priority. Capoue was a suggestion if I sold Tiote. The replacement for Cabaye could be Jovetic who I already have. But then Id need that wide player..I.e griezmann or even Ayew or both haha.

Ayew is still at OM, Strong interest tho from arsenal and chelski. As for Anita, He's alrite. solid player 7 ratings. Chips in with the odd goal. Mainly use as a sub or in the europa. He's another who can fill in a couple positions.

Don't worry about Ince, just give him time. This is him in late 2016: View attachment 326508 View attachment 326518
And it's not like he's playing for a bad team (maybe at the start) but he's starting for a champions league team.

As for a player to buy, i'd advise Will Hughes. A good, cheap young player, who can play anywhere except from DMC in the midfield, and other screen shot in 2016:View attachment 326520 View attachment 326519

Cheers for the suggestions lads. The likes of Anderson and Obi moved on. Hughes is eye catching, I'll have to check him out. Him being English and i've already got the likes of Taylor, Ince and Adam makes him more the appealing. How much usually is his going rate?

As for Tom. To my surprise he won young player of the month, Seems to have finally found an extra gear. Hopefully a signal of more things to come especially once his been bedded in.

Lastly Cabaye... Griezmann started to gather more interest and the bids were flooding in. Which sort of forced my hand. So I decided i'd give in and offer Cabaye out for 30m...City snapped my hand off. Lucky enough another player I was plotting to move for became available aubameyang. So I've basically traded Cabaye for those two with a few million left over. The idea will be to replace Cabaye with Jovetic/Arfa both rotating in that role. Audbameyang playing as an inside forward with Griezmann on the other flank. I also happened to loan Andy Carroll. Which allowed me to send Adam to a decent championship club as their main striker. He should get 30+ games. All in all im pretty happy with my squad. I've got decent depth on the bench, 2 players in most positions. Hopefully I can hit the ground running and get sum of that CL footy and money.