'Second season syndrome' with Swansea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodell

Reaction score
After a largely over achieving first season with Swansea, finishing 5th above Manchester City, Spurs and Arsenal! I am now struggling to find consistency in my second season, despite have large amounts of possession & shots in games, its just not working!

I decided not to change anything at all due to the success I had with this tactic in the previous season, is the squad good enough to compete for Europe again? Does it need any additions? Or, are their any recommendations to change the roles/ positions of the players.

Any suggestions appreciated!

View attachment 286219View attachment 286218View attachment 286217

well basically as u have overachieved so much teams are now looking at you as a threat so wear as last season wear they prop viewed u as midtable team at best they would attack you now opposing teams are scared of you and being a lot more defensive so the best think to do would b to make a new tactic wear u draw the opposistion on to u rather then settind deep parking the bus etc hope that helps

You've not actually said what the issues are?

You've not actually said what the issues are?

my apologies! Basically, largely dominating possession, but struggling to create clear cut chances, conceding silly goals also!

last year I relied heavily on goals from the wings, Montero & Dyer but they seemed to have dried up.

I'd have to guess, because you're not being very descriptive. If I were to guess, I'd say that your front three will all sit on the shoulder of the defence, offering very little in terms of variation in movement. While this is happening, your TIs force you to take your time working the ball forward and no one in midfield pushing into the front line either. Not that there's space, because your front three will be up there and static.

Either work the ball forward quicker or improve the movement between the lines.

The first season has basically resulted in your reputation soaring faster than the growth of your average CA of your team. I hate overachieving because I know what comes next season if I can't make the transfers that can pull a team out of the current situation. In my current Swansea save the first season I finished 6th, 2nd season I finished 2nd, 3rd I finished 2nd.. now I'm largely expected to win the title. I'm lucky that the idiotic AI paid £30m for Bafetimbi Gomis and I replaced him with Mario Gotze... etc. Youri Tielemans has also become a beast.

Any player at Swansea can be replaced by a better player + making significant amounts of profit.

You can solve this temporarily with tactical changes but really you have to try to improve the clubs finances. (Being a Swansea supporter myself - our finances are terrible - we have very little debt it's true but we rely on TV money - which only sustains a team, won't ever push you further unless we use the Bony money for a real striker over Gomis)

I would replace Nathan Dyer with someone like Jese from Real Madrid. (They usually allow him out on loan and sell him for nothing)

Status
Not open for further replies.