England66

Reaction score
Hi guys,

any of you had any experience with second season syndrome for players in that in the first season they are literally unstoppable and second season cant replicate anywhere near the sort of form?

Depay for me has mashed the league in the first season with 28 goals and 9 assists in 38 games (10 MoM) with an average rating of 7.87. Yet so far he has underperformed in the league this season with 1 and 0 in 5 with an average rating of 7.08. I'm not sure what caused it?

Any help would be appreciated. If it's any help the tactics haven't changed, signed some players.

AI may see Depay as more as a threat and if he is your main goalscoring threat they'll be eager to shut him down and maybe it's working

AI may see Depay as more as a threat and if he is your main goalscoring threat they'll be eager to shut him down and maybe it's working

I don't think it is that, he seems to be getting in the right positions a lot but missing chances that last season he would have put away. I'm waiting for him to kickstart but i'm not sure how much longer i'm wanting to carry him. Luckily Martial has put in a shift so far this season.

Hi guys,

any of you had any experience with second season syndrome for players in that in the first season they are literally unstoppable and second season cant replicate anywhere near the sort of form?

Depay for me has mashed the league in the first season with 28 goals and 9 assists in 38 games (10 MoM) with an average rating of 7.87. Yet so far he has underperformed in the league this season with 1 and 0 in 5 with an average rating of 7.08. I'm not sure what caused it?

Any help would be appreciated. If it's any help the tactics haven't changed, signed some players.

AI may see Depay as more as a threat
o.png