DavThomas

Reaction score
So basically last season with Spurs I had a terrific season leading the Spurs to second in the prem (which was pretty disappointing seeing as I'd been winning up till the last 2 games), winning the League Cup and losing to Barca in the quarters of the Champions league. But this season I seem unable to string a result together. My board backed me in the summer with 60 odd million to spend and here is a list of my transfers. I play a very attacking formation which worked well last year but I seem to be over run recently by teams playing 3 in central midfield. Anyway any advice would be appreciated.

Simple, play 4-3-3 /4-2-3-1...with that squad it would work well if you play Llorente on his own, then Javi Martinez as a ball winning mid, van der vaart alongside as advanced playmaker - then De jong as a defensive midfielder.

I know you may have done well with your existing tactic last season but teams wise up if you use it all the time. They'll see that you play 4-4-2, so will then play 4-3-3 to swamp your midfield.

4-4-2 is dead anyway

Last season I couldn't stop scoring. Llorente and Benitez were awesome. cheers for the advice

Considering your increase in rep etc teams are more defensive against you, and will play on the counter which will destroy that formation, switch to control,look to dominate games rather than launch lots of direct waves of attacks

Alex Ferguson says hi.

You're only a few games in. Try to ride it out for a while and see what happens.

Yeah I had a bad start to my second season with MK Dons, but I stuck with it and won the league in the end, I have now won the prem twice cos I'm simply the best... And I won modest contest three years running

Cheers lads. Just smashed Rubin the champions league so hopefully this will mark the turning point!

Alex Ferguson says hi.

You're only a few games in. Try to ride it out for a while and see what happens.

Man Utd's 4-4-2 is basically a 4-2-3-1 seeing as it relies on Rooney always dropping deep to link the midfield with the attack. I just personally don't like 4-4-2 unless i'm desperate - but it just comes down to how you like to play i guess.

Man Utd's 4-4-2 is basically a 4-2-3-1 seeing as it relies on Rooney always dropping deep to link the midfield with the attack. I just personally don't like 4-4-2 unless i'm desperate - but it just comes down to how you like to play i guess.
not really since rooney immediate pushes back to the striking position once he moves the ball on. 4-4-2 is just a framework, thats why united pull it off so well, its not dead at all

Often I end up with almost 4 across the frontline with Bale and Lennon getting forward so often, Sandro sitting deep and very rarely getting forward gave my cover and allowed the other CM to play a more creative adventurous role

try babacar as a target man with supply to head and have benitez as a poacher playing off him. worked so well for me at fiorentina, babacar was league top scorer and Benitez was second!