Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing the infamous Second Season Syndrome? FM11 was guilty for it, and it seems FM12 is the same.

I have to admit I've never had it ever. If I get promoted, I get new players in on loan/free transfers and adjust my tactics/formation accordingly. On the other hand if I don't get promotion and in same division, I get better players and keep doing what I'm doing. Guess I'm just lucky.

Last edited:
1st thing: - What is it?

It is where your team performs well in your first year in charge. The following year, there is a big drop in performance and/or results.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

I have to admit I've never had it ever. If I get promoted, I get new players in on loan/free transfers and adjust my tactics/formation accordingly.

My Everton side are a nightmare for it. Doesn't help with the dreadful finances at the club though!

It is where your team performs well in your first year in charge. The following year, there is a big drop in performance and/or results.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

My Everton side are a nightmare for it. Doesn't help with the dreadful finances at the club though!

Try being Torquay. Terrible training facilities, poor youth training, poor coaches, can only get couple of loan players/free transfers due to having about £2,500 wage budget remaining....and still end up being nearly £900,000 in red by end of season. It's a mare safe to say lol

I had it, but then started to rotate and vary my tactics year on year, never had it since

That is usually due to you keeping the same tactics all the time. After time your tactics fade off and will no longer be successful.

So that was what happened to me in FM2011 in my both Lazio and and Everton in which i made those clubes 2nd and 3rd in the leagues (ajt09 please like lol i need them)

I would bet that 99% the second season syndrome is actually the I could fire every inherited player this summer syndrome.

I was actually quite pleased with my summer acquisitions, there are doing very well. Lodiero on a free transfer settled well as did Ninis. Also signed Wilfried and he hasn't started scoring yet.

Hmm... I have that with Liverpool at the moment, along with an unreal ammount of injuries.