Secret bids held for United

Andy

Premium Member (andid1)
Reaction score
Anyone being watching sky news? Accordingly there has been secret talks to buy united with leading financiers. They would need around a Billion pounds to make it happen. Obviously it will be good news for United fans, but is it just rumours? Opinions?

Keith Harris is putting together a consortium, he says finding the money is easy, convincing the Glazers to sell is the hard bit.

i think there has been meetings. but nothing will come off these. as the glazer will want too much money. the Bidders wont have enough to buy them and service the debts.

only way the club is going to get out of whole is a rich Owner( multi Billionaire) or selling star players

Wow this is really secretive.. Sure...

i think it is Glazer's who should pay to the new owners if somebody would take over Man Utd

i just googled it just now and i could only find attempted bid from a chinese company in mid-december. Still its still early so nothing might have been put on internet yet.

Would be exciting though!!

Hope we're bought out, that Harris guy when interviewed a couple of weeks ago seemed genuine about it and what he wanted to do for the club, so I'd welcome him.

Was nice of a couple of the Glazer sprogs to show yesterday. Probably wondered why Janet Jackson or Bruce Springsteen weren't singing at half time.

The Glazers have now said it is now definitely not for sale.

someone said it wasn't for sale when they took over either. i wouldn't be surprised to see them forced out come the summer.

Dont worry, Roman is gona get bored of Chelsea soon

The Romans gave up on England a long time ago. Why is this one so stubborn, eh? I'd say he was committed to the cause.

I chuckled.

malcolm_glazer.jpg

The 'Red Knights' (I shudder to read that... nothing against them, but it just sounds so corny) will have to make a massive, massive offer to buy out the Glazers. And that money will then have to come out of the club too at some point. Will be interesting to see the formal bid if it ever comes to that on how they're planning to finance buying out the Glazers. These are rich men, but we're talking crazy money to get Manchester United out of the hole the Glazers have put them in. And the Glazers will want to walk away with a healthy profit too as there's just no financial reason compelling them to have to sell.

Dont worry, Roman is gona get bored of Chelsea soon[/QUO

you talk all iffs and buts if roman starts getting board then you can talk about it. But this IS happining at utd and i ******* loooovvvee it.

If this actually materialises I can see the deal being worth £1bn.

Pay off the debts and the Glazers pocketing around £300m.