Seen a lot of not quite possible goals

dalao

Reaction score
I'm playing the demo, and I do as well find this year's game a lot harder. But one thing particularly annoying is I am getting quite a number of goals both from my team and my opponent that are not so realistic.

It happens when a winger or striker gets the ball from wide position, and he dribbles towards byline then goes inside, then finish from a really tight angle, with one or two defenders in his way and the goalie closing down the near post. I mean in real life, the two defenders will shut him down from both his left and right hand side, it will be difficult to make the run to the goal let alone scoring. Do you guys have the same situations or it's just me.

I seem to have this ongoing issue where the opposition are playing wide and my defenders in the box are looking pretty good with their positioning and marking. The opposition whips in a cross that goes across the 6 yard box but seems to evade every one of my defenders. The ball is heading towards the back post and I can see my FB marking their other winger but all of a sudden my FB decides to run the opposite way which means the opposition winger is stood in miles of space and just taps it in at the near post. I changed my FBs because their positioning and marking were not great (things are limited down in Plymouth) but still they seem to just run away from the ball and I concede maybe 1 goal every other match because of this. :'(

Last edited:
I have the same situation occur as the OP an awful lot but they always get closed down and never score from it.

However, I mentioned this in a post last night. I have played Omar Daley in 4 games for Motherwell on the left wing and in each if those the guy has scored from somewhere closer to the corner flag than anywhere else. I did also have it happen to me one time in the following game where the opposition scored the exact same kind of goal. All look like crosses which just fly in the far top corner.

Anyone else?

Ashley young scored one for me last night as described in op, cut inside dazzled two defenders past gk and slotted in from a very tight angle...messi would have been proud of that strike!

In games I've played, the goals scored haven't been a problem (whether I've scored them or the opponents have) but my 'gripe' is that my players seem to think that the ball is a bomb and run away from it or stupidly kick it away to the opposition.

That, to me, is unrealistic and needs addressing before the release or else Angry of Manchester will be moaning....

Iv had Martin Ollson score from a free kick at half way line, also have Vukcevic leg the keeper fron 40 years out on the touchline. Both happened towards the end of a game where I was a goal down so not complaining much

This seems to happen all the time with me. It's so annoying. I hope they sort it out for the actual game!

I've seen that goal several times in previous versions, from FM09 to FM12 (FM05 I don't remember much and played little), had a regen in FM10 with my Burgos story that scored a lot like that. It's not new.

I saw that goal in real football, I think it was in some match near the end of past season. Not sure if BBVA or Champions.

To be fair mate, there have been quite a lot of not-quite-possible goals in FM 12 too :) The own goals were just ridiculous, where they hit the defender who just stands there like a buffoon and the ball ricochets off him into the back of the net. So yeah, adds to the fun of it (until it goes against ya ;) )

Can't say it adds to my fun. Plus it's not realistic if it happens every other game :(