Synchronym

Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been raised, as I surely cannot be the first to spot this...

Specifying penalty takers seems to have no effect whatsoever. It appears that whoever has the highest current game rating steps up instead, regardless of their suitability or penalty taking stat.
Example: I am Playing Man Utd. 2-0 up at home vs Villa, both goals from corners headed in by Vidic, who consequently is "having a storming game" with a game rating of 9.4. We are awarded a penalty after Nani is brought down in the box, I have all five of my specified penalty takers on the pitch, including the likes of Hargreaves and Marco Verratti (who both have a Penalty Taking ability 18) . , Vidic steps up to the spot (Penalty Taking abilty a risable 10!). Not unsurprisingly he misses the goal altogether. 10 mins later I get another penalty--for a foul on Rooney--yet again Vidic steps up. This time he scores, fortunately, but what I am wondering is what in blazes is he doing taking the penalties in the first place? As mentioned, I have FIVE more suitable candidates on the pitch, all of whom have a better rating at Penalty Taking and, more importantly, were specifically listed as penalty takers!

I think any player on 2 goals takes priority over the predetermined penalty takers, just for the hat trick glory.

No , if a player is on a hat-trick then the game automatically lets them take the penalty.

it is because if he scores it he gets a hattrick
this always happens if your players are on 2 goals ;)
Edit: dam beaten to it haha

I understand now, thanks for the replies. I can't begrudge him a hat trick. by that stage he'd already won the game for us single-handed after all.