Selecting a specific club as an affiliate?

sergei791

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm playing a game as Newcastle (in FM17 but I doubt anything has changed) and after failing to sign a player because of a lack of work permit, I have some questions about how this works.

First, I see that the nations Serbia, Northern Ireland, Gibraltar, Slovakia, and Spain have the most lax nationality policies. Upon Brexit, could I still send players to Serbia, Slovakia, and Spain to gain nationality to work in the UK, or does it depend on what type of Brexit occurs - if so under which scenarios would I be able to use an affiliate in those countries?

Second, I already asked for an affiliate from the board to dodge work permit regulations, but they only returned options in nations where it takes 5 years to gain nationality - too long for me. Is it possible for me to choose a club myself, like in Gibraltar, and then recommend that specific club as an affiliate?

Finally, for another save as Zenit, is there any way to send foreign players to an affiliate to gain Russian nationality to work around the 6+5 rule? Is there any way to sign a youngster an train him at the club to gain Russian nationality?

Thanks guys

Depends on what Brexit you get I think.
Also, you must remember that the quality of club you choose will have a huge impact on the development of the player over a long-term loan.

Of the nations with the short (three years I think) policies, probably only Spain is worth considering, possbly Serbia, because the youth development ain't great in the others - wasted three years of development if you're not careful.

I think it does depend on the Brexit but if you concentrate too hard on trying to get a second nationality out of this then you could lose the potential of a good player. I would concentrate on sending the player to a team where he would player regularly and hopefully get enough caps/games on loan to meet the work permit criteria.

Sign a young player for a long term contract. If possible the 5+3 years clause. You will have 8 years to develop him before another work permit is issued, so i suggest 4 years to develop in club, plus 3 years in spain to get double and there you have it.

If you have a hard brexit, forget it. Just pay for the best and there you go