Liam19871

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a 34 year old player whos on 25k a week. He doesnt want to move or be loaned and no one wants him either. Hes also a TM which makes him useless. Anyone else got any top tips to selling?

If no one wants him even on a free, there's nothing you can do to sell him. What you can do is try to push him in a transfer for someone else. You can try to add him to a deal for a new player you want. If push comes to shove, you may search for players who may accept to come to your team that play in one with money to pay wages of the guy you want to offload and that hopefully you will be able to sell that one later. Let's assume you're Crystal Palace, you can go to Liverpool, look for a youngster that's not going to make first team there and is on low wages, you exchange them you get a young player on less than 25K that you can develop and maybe sell for some decent money in a year.

If no one wants him even on a free, there's nothing you can do to sell him. What you can do is try to push him in a transfer for someone else. You can try to add him to a deal for a new player you want. If push comes to shove, you may search for players who may accept to come to your team that play in one with money to pay wages of the guy you want to offload and that hopefully you will be able to sell that one later. Let's assume you're Crystal Palace, you can go to Liverpool, look for a youngster that's not going to make first team there and is on low wages, you exchange them you get a young player on less than 25K that you can develop and maybe sell for some decent money in a year.

Good plan, no idea if it could work.
Other option is to just pay some wages off, have this in your offer and see if someone is coming along.
But this is football, lot of players are like this. No point in durning to lower wage for playing. For example maybe Turan at Barcelona. He has no intention leaving for transfer, good city, good pay.

Loan with option to buy.

That's how i get rid of annoying players i don't want.

(I made the mistake of signing SANSONE ON 120k/week and that's how i got rid of him next season)

Have u tried to offset the wages
ie keep offering him out where u pay part or all of his wages depending how far u go
some clubs may have the transfer funds for say 2m but cant afford to pay the wages

You can offer to offset the wages, but that won't rid you off the problem entirely.

Is he an influential player in he dressing room? If not, then p### him off as much as you can until he wants to leave