Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Selling a player to increase transfer budget

Reaction score
Hello little Mourinhos,

what will be the next step if I would sell a player for say 12 M ?
Will this money be available for spending on new players transfer budget-wise right after the player is away from my club ?
Or will this money not automatically be added to my transfer budget ? Do I have to ask the board beforehand ?

Reaction score
You have to check in the finances part in the boardroom tab.

There you'll see how much % of the fee from the player you sold will be available to you for new signings.

Usually, if you're financially stable, a larger percent of the transfer fees are available, otherwise, the board will use some money to cover debts.

Reaction score
You have to check in the finances part in the boardroom tab.

There you'll see how much % of the fee from the player you sold will be available to you for new signings.

Usually, if you're financially stable, a larger percent of the transfer fees are available, otherwise, the board will use some money to cover debts.
This ;)

Reaction score
So it seems that I will get by a selling of 12 Mio. fairly enough money for new signings ?
What can I expect percental to have on my hands after my club got this 12 Mio amount ?
Does an average value exist, or better: a formula, to know the amount you will have on your hands after selling players to make future calculations ?

Reaction score
you can ask the board to increase the transfer revenue available.....

Reaction score
So it seems that I will get by a selling of 12 Mio. fairly enough money for new signings ?
What can I expect percental to have on my hands after my club got this 12 Mio amount ?
Does an average value exist, or better: a formula, to know the amount you will have on your hands after selling players to make future calculations ?
Well, from those 12M you'll get as much as the percentage is at the time you sell the player.
No complicated formulas.

In any case it should suffice for a good signing or two.

Reaction score
Just look at your finances screen, and it will clearly tell you the exact percentage of a sale that will go to your transfer budget.

So, say you sell a player for £10m, and the board are giving you 50% of transfer revenue, you will receive £5m towards your transfer budget. It's that simple mate.

Reaction score
ask arsene wenger lol. he know where the money will go. :)