Selling players and always be unprepared

Free transfers. That's what lower league clubs do.
Ah but players even 'free transfers' can demand signing on fees/agent fees which come out of transfer budgets, plus they still have to be paid wages which the board will have revalued on the sale of the player.

Ah but players even 'free transfers' can demand signing on fees/agent fees which come out of transfer budgets, plus they still have to be paid wages which the board will have revalued on the sale of the player.
So sign players without agents. That low down, not many will have.

And you may not get transfer money, but you do get wages back into the budget.

For me be prepared is hard unless I know player is going out. I think that it's cause I try to adapt tactics to the team strenghts not trying to buy players and making them fit into mine tactic.

Right now I'm playing with Middlesborough(FM Whizzkidz database) I'm 9th and I'm into first season x-mas. So I did know their team is good for sitting deep and playing counter attacking football. So I made my tactic for that well all three tactics are counter attacking tactic but different formation thanks to flexibility into team.

At this time into season just about 10 days for january transfer window I know I'm going to need new AM cause Ramirez wants leave plus new DLP (thanks to injury of De Roon) who can defend and still run the game into deep(Watch Xabi Alonso, Pirlo) but still I don't know who I want to buy or who are available for me.

I did buy Ivan Ordets from Donetsk already cause I know Chambers is going back to Arsenal after end of season but for honesty I would not have bought him unless his agent wouldn't come to me.

So how you keep yourself prepared for situtations that someone leaves? Yes I scout but only in regions not into specific positions. And some kind shortlist but at the moment there is only youngsters or players who aren't really available to Boro.

I am having an interesting issue with selling players. I have two players I wish to sell but am getting absolutely no offers....even though I'll pretty much take anything. I've lowered the asking price, switched to essentially sell at any price and still no takers. Thoughts? I'd really like to get rid of these guys...they're older and have big salaries.